Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@admin

Hi there, why is it that sometimes when I attach a "picture" it shows up as a "Thumbnail", and other times it shows up WITHOUT the thumbnail and just says "attached image" "image_1234.JPEG"

I would prefer the Thumbnail, so you can see the pic before downloading.

Thanks,

Doohan

·
7,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,

Can you link me to an example of this?

I attached an image to this thread and it worked fine.

Niall
Yes, in the below listed thread I have attached a photo from my iPhone 7+'s camera roll and it uploaded as an image, (as well as being crooked, no matter how many times I removed it and added it again, with it being upright and normal on my camera roll) post #510 :

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/general-discussion/111061-what-have-you-done-for-your-bike-today-34.html

And here, it attached as a Thumbnail, previewing the image properly, and as expected, using the same process as aforementioned, post #2 :

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/124673-rrx-outer-clutch-cover-needed.html

·
7,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey there,

What method are you using to upload the image?
Also, can you try uploading images as you did previously, within this thread?

Richard.
I used the "paper clip" attachment tab, uploaded from my iPhone 7+'s camera roll, and attached it. For some reason the forum decided which format to use on its own; Image or Thumbnail. I'll do the same 2 pics here and see what happens, but bear in mind I'll have 2 posts because it will only allow 1 picture per post using the phone and the "full version" skin.

Attachments

·
7,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey there,

What method are you using to upload the image?
Also, can you try uploading images as you did previously, within this thread?

Richard.
I used the "paper clip" attachment tab, uploaded from my iPhone 7+'s camera roll, and attached it. For some reason the forum decided which format to use on its own; Image or Thumbnail. I'll do the same 2 pics here and see what happens, but bear in mind I'll have 2 posts because it will only allow 1 picture per post using the phone and the "full version" skin.

Attachments

·
7,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It would be great if some one could explain to me how load pictures straight off my phone so they show as pictures instead of links.

It was easy when we could use photo****et, they really ruined it for everyone.
I totally agree

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Well, that was done from the full site view (not the Enhanced Mobile view), just as I would were I using the PC. Go Advanced, upload, select image, upload, submit.

Android and Chrome, btw.

·
Administrator
266 Posts
testing

Was able to recreate this with your image in the other thread, and the main difference seems to be in file size. Your image is over a MB in size, and gives that error message.

Case # 2690039

I'll see if we can get this fixed. For now if you need to upload an image and are getting this bug again, I'd suggest using a compress tool to shrink the file size of your pics.

Kevin

Attachments

·
7,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
testing

Was able to recreate this with your image in the other thread, and the main difference seems to be in file size. Your image is over a MB in size, and gives that error message.

Case # 2690039

I'll see if we can get this fixed. For now if you need to upload an image and are getting this bug again, I'd suggest using a compress tool to shrink the file size of your pics.

Kevin
In other words you're saying a thumbnail will only display a pic up to a certain size, then it goes to the Image with no thumbnail?

I hope you can work it out, most of my pics are well over 1MB. Thanks for your efforts.

·
7,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tests have been good. Looks like the issue is fixed.

Let me know if you find it better or not

Kevin
I will surely let you know, as I will be taking a lot of pics this weekend for my track day school.

Thanks for the assistance!!:thumb:

·
7,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tested with this pic I took today, and it seems the MB amount was over 2, but saved it as a Thumbnail. Yay!!!

BUT, it still decides to rotate it 90 degrees, Noooooooooo!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Administrator
266 Posts
Hey there,

The image changing it's orientation is a known issue on idevices.
Are you loading an image directly from your device?

If so, try downloading the image to your computer, change the orientation, save the image under a new title and try it again.
That should clear up your issue.

Richard.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts