Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
phobiaphobe said:
What the fuck is a Grackle? Is that the same as a crow?
Any of several American blackbirds of the family Icteridae, especially of the genus Quiscalus, having iridescent blackish plumage. Also called crow blackbird.

S

·
0 Posts
"The grackles zeroed in on a lawyer who shooed a bird away before he tripped and injured his face, Jue said. The lawyer was treated for several cuts."

Good bird, good bird!! :evilaugh:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Please allow me to try to help anyone understand about Grackles. As noted by "The Pete" it is a black colored bird with an oil slick on water type of candy coated coloration on the head to shoulder region. They are slightly larger than a pidgeon but smaller than a magpie, though no less annoying than either. Although looking like a miniature raven, the grackle has nowhere near the intelligence made famous by the Edgar Allen Poe tome. The tail is held in a distinctive V shape when in flight, but there's nothing else worth mentioning about the bird.

Most States outlaw hunting of grackles as they seem to be mistaken as songbirds, but those States that disallow full scale eradication of them are governed by Liberals. :idunno: I wouldn't hunt them anyway as the meat is slightly less desirable than skunk. Grackles are definitely not what are referenced in the "Four and Twenty Blackbirds" that were baked in a pie in the children's rhyme.

Even though you may not be familiar with the term 'grackle' you can easily recognize this as the bird that jumps around in fast food parking lots fighting over spilled french fries.

A very little known fact. Almost all automotive manufacturers codename a new car in development to keep the media and buying public in suspense, and even confused at times. Yup, you guessed...the CBR XX Blackbird was codenamed the 'Grackle'.

I hope this helps clear up the confusion over biology major Pete's explanation.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BDA116 said:
Have you ever gone Grackle hunting, and is it similar to Snipe hunting?
I have not gone hunting with the express intention of bagging grackle, but I have killed and eaten them. Quite shy of delectable.

Our method of snipe hunting entailed walking through sodden pastures after heavy rains, flushing the snipe out as we walked. Just as exciting as quail hunting, IMO, and not bad table-fare.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Kuss929 said:
I bet the lawyer is trying to figure out who to sue?
No problems figuring that out...it's Bush's fault, silly.... :p

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
When shot with a high-performance pellet gun, a grack will tilt over, spread it's wings and gracefully auger into your neighbors yard.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
figment said:
~1000
(Beeman)
/threadjack/ figment, I have a Beeman also - a relatively older model (S1) , .177 caliber, and it kicks ass! Added a scope also. Amazing the power and fps to be had out of a break barrel design! :thumb:

And no, I've never actually killed anything with it. :rolleyes: :lilangel:
/end threadjack/...

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Pete said:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/18/birds.attack.ap/index.html

LMFAO!!!

I was walking down the street today on my way to lunch in downtown Houston, and a grackle swooped down and tried to naila guy walking in front of me. Lucky for him, the bird missed and the guy never noticed it.
This is at least better than a couple of years ago when we had eagles trying to steal small children off the beach. :eek: I'll take on a grackle over an eagle any day. :boxing:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
nhfirefighter13 said:
This is at least better than a couple of years ago when we had eagles trying to steal small children off the beach. :eek: I'll take on a grackle over an eagle any day. :boxing:
:eek: You had eagles going after kids? Dayum.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts