Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to feel out any interest from our Australian brethren for a possible group buy. It might be very much worthwhile if we could combine a large order to cut down on shipping. Maybe send it to one or two people who could then distribute the stuff from there.

Anyone interested?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zeeman said:
what are we group buying? :eyebrows:

Z...

Whatever you want.

Do you you guys think we could work out a group shipment to one person? Would that work?


I don't have Chatterbox's. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jungleboy said:
mmm, in the market for an exhaust or rearsets.
I could do those. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Sook said:
Hint. The bigger the shipment, the more you're likely to get stung for every fukin tax they can think of.
I live in a state with no sales/import tax of any sort...which is why I am asking you guys if this is possible and/or feasible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,549 Posts
The Sook said:
Hint. The bigger the shipment, the more you're likely to get stung for every fukin tax they can think of.
This is probably true. I get away with not paying duties mainly because I only ever import one or 2 things at a time. Along with some creative labelling..

Z...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,549 Posts
Havign said that, I could be interested in one or two items. Just gotta see what stuff I need that is hard to find here.

Z...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
522 Posts
Zeeman said:
This is probably true. I get away with not paying duties mainly because I only ever import one or 2 things at a time. Along with some creative labelling..

Z...
Aha.. now that's sounds interesting.. What creative labelling do you use. The last order which I got from DK I got stung pretty bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,341 Posts
I just wanna get one thing straight with the forum etc. Don't take it the wrong way, I ain't whinging. Well maybe a little.
I posted a while ago something about my shop, for the aussies for tuning etc, and Conq or someone, emailed me telling me I couldn't post stuff like that, coz I'm not a sponsor of the site. Fair enough, so I asked them to send me the info, which they did. I signed up for sponsorship, and then a week later I get an email saying they wouldn't take the money because I'm from Australia, and there aren't many of us on here and so it's not worth me doing. But NOW, there's a "group buy" just for aussies on from another country. Is it just me or does anyone else see a problem with what has/is happening here?
Don't get me wrong firefighter, I ain't got nothin against you (or anyone) but it's a bit hard to swallow I can't give advice or say anything about my shop for aussies on here, can't sponsor the site either, but ....ah, forget it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Sook said:
I just wanna get one thing straight with the forum etc. Don't take it the wrong way, I ain't whinging. Well maybe a little.
I posted a while ago something about my shop, for the aussies for tuning etc, and Conq or someone, emailed me telling me I couldn't post stuff like that, coz I'm not a sponsor of the site. Fair enough, so I asked them to send me the info, which they did. I signed up for sponsorship, and then a week later I get an email saying they wouldn't take the money because I'm from Australia, and there aren't many of us on here and so it's not worth me doing. But NOW, there's a "group buy" just for aussies on from another country. Is it just me or does anyone else see a problem with what has/is happening here?
Don't get me wrong firefighter, I ain't got nothin against you (or anyone) but it's a bit hard to swallow I can't give advice or say anything about my shop for aussies on here, can't sponsor the site either, but ....ah, forget it.

I'm not familiar with your particular situation, however, I have been a member of this forum since day ONE. I have also done several large group buys for all members and run a standing 20% over cost for everyone on anything I can order. I know that in the past when I have sold something to one of the guys in Australia that they have saved a ton of money.
I was simply trying to help. If you think I'm making a killing by offering goods at 10 or 20 over cost, you're mistaken.
Oh well, I tried.

Contact me individually if anyone is interested. I guess I didn't understand how the taxes work. :idunno:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,302 Posts
nhfirefighter13 said:
I'm not familiar with your particular situation, however, I have been a member of this forum since day ONE.
Neither am I, and I thought NH was gp'ing the group of Aussie captives he has in his basement but again Im out of luck. I just had to clarify that technically NH has been here since day TWO, not one :D

...as for the other stuff, when NH worked at his old job that had nothing to do with motorcycling, if he could have gotten his hands on parts and sold them to dudes on the forum at near cost he would have then too cause he's just like that. There is actually a few folks on here with similar situations he just happens to be fortunate enough to be employed by a place that facilitates this a little better. Personally I do not perceive this as a commercial posting but merely a member thats extending some leads to other members. If he comes out ahead on the deal then good for him, cause he's been moderating here long enough that he should be on the payroll anyways.

{canofworms} But first there would have to be a payroll... {/canofworms}
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,126 Posts
The Sook said:
Fair enough, so I asked them to send me the info, which they did. I signed up for sponsorship, and then a week later I get an email saying they wouldn't take the money because I'm from Australia, and there aren't many of us on here and so it's not worth me doing.
1) You never signed up for sponsorship. You asked for the information and it was sent to you.

2) Another e-mail was sent saying that it PROBABLY would not be worth your while to be a sponsor, since we don't have a large Australian audience. Your money was never refused, because it was never sent. If you had signed up for sponsorship, your account/ads would have been accepted.

3) nhfirefighter/"The Collectable Trader" is a site sponsor, so they are allowed to post ads. He is a moderator, so that's why he does not show up in the Sponsors list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SomeStrangeGuy said:
I just had to clarify that technically NH has been here since day TWO, not one :D

Jerky. :beatup: :smilebig:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
ConqSoft said:
1) You never signed up for sponsorship. You asked for the information and it was sent to you.

2) Another e-mail was sent saying that it PROBABLY would not be worth your while to be a sponsor, since we don't have a large Australian audience. Your money was never refused, because it was never sent. If you had signed up for sponsorship, your account/ads would have been accepted.

3) nhfirefighter/"The Collectable Trader" is a site sponsor, so they are allowed to post ads. He is a moderator, so that's why he does not show up in the Sponsors list.
Fantastic! So we can have an Aussie based Sponsor!!! :thumb:

Looks like you have a green light Sook, lets have a look at what you can offer. I hope you will be the first of many!!

Us Aussies may yet be able to take over the org. :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh:


What was I saying again..... :idunno: .........o well, carry on.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top