Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just thought the 10 tickets on one radar reading was pushing it, now this. Sorry this goes to another forum but we all need to know what the world is coming to. Maybe I should just go back to the dirt because I can't afford this kind of trouble and it seems that any little deviation (2-5mph over) results in tickets and a general hard time or these pistol pups may construe your actions as testing the 'endurance of the vehicle.' I know I sound like Chicken Little but I just got the bike in May and I am scared to death everytime I see a cop and I am 5mph over. I could ride the track but that isn't too feasable for me and my family. Sorry to be such a bummer, I am just worried......

http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54690

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Man, TX sure has a hard on for bikes.  

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the do and it is probably just the start. I expect other states to follow suite with similar laws if they already haven't. Once again, enforcement is based on the officers perception of events. One can disagree but the ticket will be written, the jail time served, the towing enforced and you will be out major $$$ to fight the situation. Man this just makes me *steaming mad*!!! I wanted to take part in our local IBI (IronButtInvitational) but I am not going close to another group of sportbike riders until things simmer down.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
luvtolean : Man, TX sure has a hard on for bikes.  
Yup, they sure do.

You can alleviate a lot of the worry by using a quality radar and some sort of screamer or HARD System to go with it.

I have ceased with group rides, that have anymore than 2-3 people. I know a local cop and he has told me that they are out for groups statewide. The cops here are a real bitch. But I think I'm out of here in a month or so anyways, so it will be a faint memory.

·
Registered
700 Posts
booth23 : But I think I'm out of here in a month or so anyways, so it will be a faint memory.
Just in time... I'll be there next week

I agree, though... TX has it bad for sportbikes in general.

·
Registered
102 Posts
When you move to Texas, get a concealed handgun license. I've been pulled over more than a few times, and I haven't had one ticket since I've had it. It seems police officers have a little more respect and are more comfortable with you because they don't just hand out those CHL's. So they know you haven't had a criminal history or many violations. The conversation usually ends with 'Ya' needta' slow it down and be more careful...' or something to that effect.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Stretch : It seems police officers have a little more respect and are more comfortable with you because they don't just hand out those CHL's.  So they know you haven't had a criminal history or many violations.  The conversation usually ends with 'Ya' needta' slow it down and be more careful...' or something to that effect.
Not in my experience... got pulled over in Plano a little over a year ago and one out of the three of us had a CHL. Didn't help at all - we all got the standard 'excessive speed' award.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
BizJetGuy : Quote (Stretch @ Oct. 01 2003, 2:05pm)It seems police officers have a little more respect and are more comfortable with you because they don't just hand out those CHL's.  So they know you haven't had a criminal history or many violations.  The conversation usually ends with 'Ya' needta' slow it down and be more careful...' or something to that effect.
Not in my experience... got pulled over in Plano a little over a year ago and one out of the three of us had a CHL.  Didn't help at all - we all got the standard 'excessive speed' award.
One CHL can not overcome two rascals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts