Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend of mine lives in Tucson. He is 50 + years old, no tickets or accidents in the last 5 years. Here is the cheapest he can get insurance for. He has checked State Farm, progressive, rider insurance, everyone he can think of.

Full coverage
600RR, $1800 a year
Blackbird $2200 a year

he even checked just liab. only on the 600rr and it was a little over $500 a year. Who do you guys use, what age, what tick/acc, what bike, and how much? I've been trying to get this guy to get a new bike for 3 years now.....

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
#4,000 here :D Eat your heart out ratter :moon: :)

Don't know what to tell you booth. I am insured with State Farm, full coverage and @ $250.00 deductible. Annual premium is $610.00/year, although I am carrying low ($15K/$30K) Bodily Injury limits :idunno: .

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
his age and the type of machine may be what is working against him. he really should try to "self-insure" with liability only. :idunno:

has he tried combining the cage and m/c insurance with the same company? i would think he has tried this.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Is he eligible for USAA insurance? Anyone in his immediate family in the military or he himself? I have USAA and my Nissan pickup and 929 combined are $440 a year. I switched from State Farm which was close to 900/yr for the bike alone with one accident. Crashed all on my own on a backroad, no one injured.

Edit: Full coverage on bike, liability only on pickup.

·
Registered
720 Posts
State Farm here! :D 36, no tickets, one accident (totalled first 954). Full coverage and @ $250.00 deductible. Annual premium is $420.00/year, like Bacchus I am carrying the low ($15K/$30K) bodily injury limits.

I do have three life insurance, home owners, two cage policys through them and been using them for the last 9 years, so maybe they like me! :rotfl: :p

Rick

·
Registered
948 Posts
I pay $49.00 a month (588.00/year) 500 dollar deductable for full coverage on my 98 F3 and $182.00 a month for my truck I go through American Family. Tell him to go to Broadway and Camino Seco Across the street from Frys is american family and she is really good with prices...... I have a really bad driving record (speeding tickets) and i still got a fantastic rate better than geico, USAA, Progressive, State Farm......etc and I am only 25

·
Registered
240 Posts
I am 24 Yr's old and insure my 02 954RR, my 2002 VW Gti Turbo and my Gf's Nissan sentra Spec V, all with 500/500 here in AZ for about $300.00 a month.I go through Country company's insurance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts