Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Nice car! :clap:

I think the new Civic is on helluva handsome automobile. You'll be laughing all the way past the gas pumps too.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
... My first non-american car/truck...
Yep, that there is a Canadian car.

Handsome little cars, those new Civics. I recommend windshield insurance. I don't think you want to know what it'll cost to replace that thing.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Made in Ohio bud.

Gas? Oh yea. 30/38 is the rating. We'll see what she really does.

I've hardly driven the thing, but I like it. handles great, decent power (thankfully I got the manual tranny). And for a 4 door it looks pretty good.

HD

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
SomeStrangeGuy said:
nice work dude, congrats!

So did you know you're driving throttle by wire? :)
Honestly, I hadn't given it a second thought. Furthermore (and I'm a bit emberassed to admit this) I haven't even popped the hood yet.

<sigh>

I'm pathetic.

Oh, question: How can I keep the console from sliding backwards when I DON'T want it to?

HD

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
No way. Gotta pay off the student loans, among other things.
How many times did I offer you a dollah for that Lightning. One thing I kick myself in the azz for was getting rid of that truck. Never again will I make that kind of sacrifice. Eat wish sandwiches before I get rid of something like that again.

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
Oh, question: How can I keep the console from sliding backwards when I DON'T want it to?

HD

Staplegun? :idunno:

Very nice ride, my friend!! :clap:

I really think Honda knocked one out of the park with this new body style.

I look foward to updates and driving impressions.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mo Noyz said:
I look foward to updates and driving impressions.
Well I've only got about 100 miles on it so far but here's a short list:

1. It handles great.
2. It rides great.
3. Freeway ride is great.
4. Freeway handling is great.
5. All the controls are right where I want them to be.
6. The standard stereo is adequate, and "not that bad".
7. Soooooo glad I got a manual. I missed shifting.
8. The clutch engages pretty high. Still getting used to that.
9. LOVE the instrument cluster. The HUD speedo is..well...great. :)
10. Didn't need the stuff that came w/ the EX. Glad I didn't spend the cheese.
11. Trunk is huge
12. Back seat is huge, and no hump in the middle on the floor
13. Maybe the only negitive I've found yet is that while seated in the drivers seat I don't feel completely "aligned" w/ the stearing wheel.

That's all right now. I'll report back what kind of mpg I'm seeing and anything else I observe. It's a great car so far.

HD

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mojave954 said:
How many times did I offer you a dollah for that Lightning. One thing I kick myself in the azz for was getting rid of that truck. Never again will I make that kind of sacrifice. Eat wish sandwiches before I get rid of something like that again.
Huh? I'm not following you dude. I think you meant to put this in Bubba's thread.

HD

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
HD said:
8. The clutch engages pretty high.

Par for the course from Honda. I have owned a '92 Civic, and a '95 Del Sol, and could definitely say that about both of them. Especially the Civic. My buddy used to remark that he knew he would start moving foward about the time his knee touched his chest whenever he drove that car.

HD said:
13. Maybe the only negitive I've found yet is that while seated in the drivers seat I don't feel completely "aligned" w/ the stearing wheel.

Another norm with Honda. My wifes Pilot is like that. My boss's Accord is like that. Our old Civic was like that. Although, I do have to admit that to this day, no car has fit me as perefctly as the Del Sol did. Honda's ergonomics have never been the best.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
Honestly, I hadn't given it a second thought. Furthermore (and I'm a bit emberassed to admit this) I haven't even popped the hood yet.

<sigh>

I'm pathetic.

HD
Why would you need to pop the hood? :D

By console you mean this thing? I haven't had any issues - but I don't think the coupe has that little door ;)

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SomeStrangeGuy said:
Why would you need to pop the hood? :D

By console you mean this thing? I haven't had any issues - but I don't think the coupe has that little door ;)
No, the armrest above that. It slides forward and back so you can adjust where you want it to hit your arm. I like it forward mostly, but whenever I lean on it for example while adjusting in the seat, it slides back. It's sort of annoying.

Oh, and I would only pop the hood just to see what's under there. Just out of curiousity. Not to actually *fix* anything. That would be completely unnecessary! :)

HD

1 - 20 of 31 Posts