Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it a good idea to wear a back protector under a 1-piece suit. I just got a Teknic Violator suit and was wondering ig I should wear a back protector under it or not. THe teknic site advertises its back protectors for jackets and suits that lack back protection.

Sorry for all the questions but this is my first track day and I want to be prepared.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Absolutely! Doesn't matter what type of suit, always wear a back protector.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
:plus1:
I wear one with all forms of gear... :nod:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK guess I gotta order one more thing

Geez this sport is expensive

·
Registered
527 Posts
don't mean to be a thread jacker, but do you guys wear back protectors on street rides too? if so, brand recommendation?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I have a 1 piece Joe Rocket and it comes with a flimsy foam back protector and I use it for street riding but remove it and wear a Bohn back protector under the Rocket suit for track days.

And yea, it's funny what priorities are. I was building a garage and pricing keyless entry systems and one cost $100 and I was floored, a hundred bucks for that little box?! Them my friend started recalling the prices I paid for the damper, suit, gloves, boots, tires, PCIII, custom map..........:D

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
+3 on the back protector and one piece suits.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
don't mean to be a thread jacker, but do you guys wear back protectors on street rides too? if so, brand recommendation?
Yes, on the street too, especially on sprited "Sunday morning" rides.

Brand recommendations: Knox, Bohn, Spidi, Dianese, Alpinestars, Teknic...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good idea to wear one on track or street.

They don't make your back any cooler and don't really wear out, so try to buy something that will be comfortable in the heat, otherwise you will be leaving it at home when you should be wearing it.

Ray

·
Registered
723 Posts
On the track I'll wear a separate back protector.

On the street I'll use the pad that comes with the jacket/suit (mostly because I'm lazy).

Either way: I think a back protector is worthwhile. Even my GF's jacket has a back protector pad in it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Ripped from someone else:
"The biggest mistake a knight could make in the middle ages was to leave his armour at home because he was just going to the corner."

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Yup! The one piece is used at the track, and I wear a separate back protector, a Knox Ricochete. On the street, I use the one that came in my Vanson jacket, a hard plate one that I'm not fond of. I ordered Vanson's CE soft backprotector to put in the jacket in place of it. The separate ones are better, as they're longer, but I just can't get into using them for street riding, so I make due with the one in the jacket. But yeah, I use one of some type always.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
What is that? A mesh-type jacket? Looks like it has more protection than other mesh stuff, but I personally just can't get into wearing mesh. Where's LTL?? :D

Edit: is that protection you'd wear under another jacket? If so, looks good, but I'd never be able to fit all that under my leathers, especially, the, um, chest protection!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts