Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's just my lack of mechanical ability, but i would think things could be placed better in my bike. Like the coolant cap for example, why just stick in the hole right there? and the tab to pull it constantly tends to slip under the frame and makes it extremely hard to pull of, then its even harder to put back on :rolleyes:

but like i said, maybe its just me

·
Registered
745 Posts
The One that bugs me is the rear wheel set up on my. 93 blade.

One person is meant to hold the wheel, two spacers, the brake carrier, and then slide the axle in! Surely there must be an easier way!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Blades are no worse no better than everything else out there. In defense of the carby blades, they are so simple and everything is so easily accesable that they must be one of the very easiest to work on.
One of my very first bikes was a Honda C72, the spine framed 250cc of 1960 - 1967. It had something called a QD rear wheel. You undid the axle nut. pulled the axle out and that left the back wheel free, but the chain and adjusters all stayed in place. You could fix a puncture with an adjustable spanner and a screwdriver, I know because I did exactly that one snowy Dragon Rally in 1966. Honda never carried this superb design point on to any of the later models.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
The One that bugs me is the rear wheel set up on my. 93 blade.

One person is meant to hold the wheel, two spacers, the brake carrier, and then slide the axle in! Surely there must be an easier way!
Once the spacers are in the wheel lift it into position and the swingarm holds everything in place, then slide the axle through.
I sit on my butt behind the bike and support the wheel with my feet each side of the tyre.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The one thing i need to modify is the plastic headstock deflector above the valve cover. I cannot get the right side spark plug out without a ritual. It wont come out with the plug tool attached so i have to unscrew it and pull out the tool then use a magnet on a wire to lift the spark plug out.
If the deflector had a slot above the plug hole it would allow the tool and plug to rise and tilt over just enough to come out together.

I also wish there was some way to mount a sump lift under the bike but the design just wont allow it without serious mods to the lift block so its back to lift stands at both ends.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.