Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have 02 954 and i was just wondering when i am around 2k and open the throttle i have crappy throttle response. I bogs so bad it feels like the bike is about to die.. but around 3.5 to 4k it really picks up..Now is there anyway to fix this to get a clean take off response?? I just installed a new full hindle exhust and havent got it tuned yet. would the tuning help any?? Would it be happening due to bad plugs?? Just wondering...:idunno:

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Ok I have 02 954 and i was just wondering when i am around 2k and open the throttle i have crappy throttle response. I bogs so bad it feels like the bike is about to die.. but around 3.5 to 4k it really picks up..Now is there anyway to fix this to get a clean take off response?? I just installed a new full hindle exhust and havent got it tuned yet. would the tuning help any?? Would it be happening due to bad plugs?? Just wondering...:idunno:
Fuel pressure regulator?
If you are giving it a lot of throttle at such low revs it sounds perfectly normal - don't do it. I only starts make strong power around 4000rpm.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How would you check the Fuel Pressure Regulator?? is there a simple test?? But yea the bike sounds good. And 3k to 4k like you said the bike wants to rip off your arms. It is just the rpms below that if you are wanting to take off fast and you gas it u are not going anywere fast until u hit the 3 to 4 rpm range. I was just wondering because i jumped on my friends 08 cbr1000 and it didnt have this situation. So i was just wondering what was going on..

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
How would you check the Fuel Pressure Regulator?? is there a simple test?? But yea the bike sounds good. And 3k to 4k like you said the bike wants to rip off your arms. It is just the rpms below that if you are wanting to take off fast and you gas it u are not going anywere fast until u hit the 3 to 4 rpm range. I was just wondering because i jumped on my friends 08 cbr1000 and it didnt have this situation. So i was just wondering what was going on..
Pull the vacuum line off and it should be dry.
I doubt it's a problem though as what you're describing is perfectly normal. Don't ride below at least 3500rpm.
If you want to take off fast you shouldn't be below 4000rpm anyway. All you're doing is pouring fuel into the engine that it isn't able to burn.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Ok I totally understand what you are saying..thanks..just wondering though on the 08 1000 why does it not do it?? Is it because it is newer and has better technology ?? just wonderin
I would think it is still tuned for the road?
Running a full exhaust system will have made your bottom end even less usable than it was with the HTEV.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
yea he just has a slip on.. i have the full exhaust...ok when i get it tuned would that give me better bottom end?
I would expect you could see some improvement but the engine _is not designed_ to pull down that low. You need different cam profiles if you want to run it like a car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea i got you i was just wondering yea i know these engines are ment for high rpms. Just a thought. in neutral should it bog like that to or is there no differeance if it is in gear or neutral...haha if i wanted it to run like a car i would bought one instead..lol i love the loud screaming...lol But thanks man real helpful

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Yea i got you i was just wondering yea i know these engines are ment for high rpms. Just a thought. in neutral should it bog like that to or is there no differeance if it is in gear or neutral...haha if i wanted it to run like a car i would bought one instead..lol i love the loud screaming...lol But thanks man real helpful
In neutral it still doesn't like a fistfull of neat fuel down the throat but it is more obvious under load.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.