Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out that the mother didn't take and my puppy isn't going to be born on the 20th of this month like I was looking forward to for the last 2 months. I'm pretty bummed out about it. I was really excited. So now I'm looking for a Yellow Male lab again. I have found a female that is ready to come home right now, but I live w/ my wife and female cat and would like some extra testosterone around. Maybe that is dumb. Maybe I should just get the female, I'm sure I would love it just the same.

Man this sucks.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Having had both male and female, bitches are much better than piss-on-everything male dogs. I loved them all, but females are much easier to take care of.

Please spay her if you aren't a breeder.

BTW, you can still call her buddy, boy, spike, fido or any other male name. heh... 'Is your dog male or female?' 'Female. Come'er Boy.'

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I've known both dogs and bitches and the bitches have always been more lovey. The dogs seem more aloof and standoffish.

Get the little girl. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
HondaGal : I've known both dogs and bitches and the bitches have always been more lovey.  The dogs seem more aloof and standoffish.

Get the little girl.  You won't be disappointed.  
It's weird but with Whippet's the males are more loving. The females are a little more aloof, but both are like children with their attachment.

On that note, take home the female lab! Good luck

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have to bitches of my own and I love them alot. I have tried to live with male dogs and it NEVER worked out. Females are the BEST, I like the fact that I come home everyday and say HI BITCHES and ther tails just wag and wag. It's cool as sh1t because I have never understood how people could love their pets the way they do. Now I understand 1000%. GET THE FEMALE.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
nomad : Having had both male and female, bitches are much better than piss-on-everything male dogs.  I loved them all, but females are much easier to take care of.

Please spay her if you aren't a breeder.

BTW, you can still call her buddy, boy, spike, fido or any other male name.  heh...  'Is your dog male or female?'  'Female.  Come'er Boy.'
negative ghostrider

my bitch (NO, not NH) pisses all over everything and my stud only pisses on cats and fenceposts.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Heavy-Dee : Quote (ND4SPDSHO @ July 10 2003, 10:08pm)You want testosterone, get a Rott
Too many little kids around me.
Exactly why you need a rott. Child-population reduction...

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ND4SPDSHO : Rott's are actually very good with kids, as long as you start off with a puppy.  And make sure you have him fixed...
I know that, but people are stupid and I don't think I could live w/ mother's gathering their kids to keep them away from my dog. I want to train it as a therapy dog also, and I don't want people to ever question if they can pet it or not. Rottys are great dogs, but they still have that 'I'm gonna eat you' look to them.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Personal preference on which gender you want. I've had both male and female dogs of many different breeds and they were all awesome. As long as you show them how much you care about them they'll all love you unconditionally.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Heavy-Dee : I know that, but people are stupid and I don't think I could live w/ mother's gathering their kids to keep them away from my dog.  I want to train it as a therapy dog also, and I don't want people to ever question if they can pet it or not.  Rottys are great dogs, but they still have that 'I'm gonna eat you' look to them.
You could always get a Golden Retriever too. They make excellent pets. Folks aren't afraid of them either and they also make good Therapy dogs. They're like a lab with long hair. Temperment, agility, smarts, good with kids, love to swim, etc, etc.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts