Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my first open track day, no instructors or classroom time. I was at Pocono East with TPM. I was pretty nervous bringing the 954 out on the track for the first time, new tires, only having a motorcycle liscense for a year, and sucked the first session. I started to feel comfortable and began passing by the 3rd session and caught a guy on a red 954 that I couldn't get around. it may have been his experience and I was happy to sit behing him and watch his line. He said he never ran faster lap times and it ws great working through traffic and picking the spot where I would make the next pass. I had a great time and even took my 600 out with Red group at the end of the day. I was going to buy a 600 as a dedicated track bike but the 954 was sooo smooth, had amazing brakes, and was stable all day. I never had a scare other than breaking the horn bracket. There is a really bumpy section af track and I heard a cracking sound and thought my fender broke or something. When I got in the pits, my horn was dangling by one of the wires. The bracket broke at the mounting hole for the horn. The DK forks were awesome though and I can't wait to get back out there.

Here is the proof to ride Red and and possibly buy a red one if you do
link

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I think he's only fastest because he has the most stickers...

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
nomad : I think he's only fastest because he has the most stickers...
My point exactly

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
You can also tell he's fast because his helmet doesn't match his leathers which don't match his bike.

Of course, he couldn't possibly be the fastest because it's not a Gixxer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was the guy on the red 954. Best lap was1:21:80 and could've done better had it not been for the sand in the morning, and then the cooler sunless track later in the afternoon. Dude, you were doing great for your first time. You just need to get your butt off your seat and lean more, cause you're going to be looking at a lowside, like my friend on his R1.

I'm itching for another trackday real soon. Any one up for VIR next week???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts