Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my day began with a ride through the Sam Houston national forest, halfway through the ride I realized the I had a crack in my brake fluid reservoir and had to head home early. Shortly after I left one of my friends wrecked out on a corner and went into the trees. I got the call just after I got home he had ruptured his spleen and was at the hospital going into surgery to have it removed. Bad news #1

I’m at the house replacing the reservoir and my sister calls. A New York State Trooper I have been friends with for years was involved in an accident on duty and was killed. She was struck head on in her cruiser and was pronounced dead at the scene. Horrible news #2
State Trooper killed in car accident | NBC-WKTV News Channel 2 - Utica News, Weather, Sports - | Local News

I get off the phone with my sister and my lifelong friend who is an MP in the Army calls to tell me he has been diagnosed with throat cancer. He had been having trouble swallowing and his voice had been becoming more and more raspy so he went in to the Dr. they did a biopsy and found that he has a rare form of cancer on his larynx (voice box). He is going to have to begin radiation therapy and hopefully will be able to beat it. Fu**ed up news #3

Every time my phone rang today someone was telling me something bad. I have been self medicating this evening with some wild turkey rare breed. It is helping for the moment. I hope that if bad **** comes in three then I am done. The worst part about all of this to me is that all three of these people were nothing but good and deserved none of it.

Thanks for letting me get it off my chest.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Sorry to hear about the loss and suffering.
I know of three people having a worse day than you. Be thankful for the gift of health and life.

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Hold your head up.:) Take your time. Be patient. Take a good look in the mirror. Realize, you have good memories of your friends. You are okay, and now, "Life", means allot more to you.:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
my lifelong friend who is an MP in the Army calls to tell me he has been diagnosed with throat cancer. He had been having trouble swallowing and his voice had been becoming more and more raspy so he went in to the Dr. they did a biopsy and found that he has a rare form of cancer on his larynx (voice box). He is going to have to begin radiation therapy and hopefully will be able to beat it.
That's a tough day alright.

Here's a tiny bit of good news amidst the bad: Radiation therapy is very good nowadays and he could have a full recovery. I had it 2 years ago for prostate cancer and it seems to have killed the little nasty cancer boys off quite well, while leaving me "OK" in other masculine areas....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts