Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was a gorgous day so I took a ride. After about 5 minutes at a steady speed,in any gear I'm getting a bad vibration that made my right hand go numb! I checked my dampner,bar ends,rims to make sure the balance weights were still there. I don't know what it might be Anyone have any ideas???
Thanx in advance!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Had the samething with mine. I tried chain adjustment,motor mounts,oil height,break-in period,etc.... Even had the dealer check it out but found nothing wrong. The more miles I put on the better it got. Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, my chain isn't too tight.Right at spec! I have 6900 miles on the blade.So, I dont think it'll get better!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
do you ever 'wring it out'? Like redline it?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not quite redline! Just under. But didnt do it today! I was just cruising around.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
well... I've noticed that a trip to the RPM stratosphere can smooth things out sometimes...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll try that tomorrow! Dont know how that will help though?

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I have noticed my bike will seem to ride with more vibrations sometimes. Maybe gas, maybe imagination, maybe incorrect posture. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
thats kinda wierd. I have had that happen from time to time...could it really be from a chain? I have never heard that...I could have learned something new! i get pretty stoopid with my chain...i even bring a tape to check the chain...just to make sure i am in specs! (ANAL I know)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I posted same problem on the old forum. The bike vibrates above 6 grand like crazy. Had the whole bike apart at and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Turns out chain was hooped at 11,000 km! WTF! That's brutal for chain life! You could make ballon characters out my old chain it was that bad! I cleaned and lubed that chain all the time and the O-rings were still screwed. So much for regular lubing. So, I just bought a new X-linked DID chain and a 15 tooth front sprocket and during the installation my mechanic noticed that the front spring washer that holds the front sprocket in place was not even and that caused the sprocket to vibrate. The bike does vibrate a lot less now but its still there at higher RPM. I have ordered a new washer and I should put it in this week and I will find out if that's what the problem is.

A good way to test if it is chain is to go onto highway and roll on with right foot on peg but left off the peg and then reverse. I noticed that the left side vibrated way more than the right during acceleration. If the vibration is in the handlebars and not it pegs at all then its probably not the chain. If that's the case I would get a ratchet and a wrench and check to see if there any major engine or frame bolts loose.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
figment : I have noticed my bike will seem to ride with more vibrations sometimes. Maybe gas, maybe imagination, maybe incorrect posture. Good luck!
I've noticed the exact same thing, and my best guess is that the fit and finish allows a little 'tolerance'. Sometimes things line right up and sometimes they're a bit loose. On cold, dry mornings my bike is butter and sometimes after a muggy day, the bike is a bit more vibey.

I had the dealership check as many bolts as they could during my last service and the bike is much smoother now. If I can locate why I have a buzz underneath my bike at 6500rpms, I'll be all set.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts