Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did some searching and I read where some have ordered LP Banjo Bolt for (assuming) stock Master Cylinder. I want to go the cheap route for right now and later maybe get the stainless steel braided lines. I do have air in the system now and I'm going to finally install my new EBC HH pads.

Can someone help with the correct part from Lockhart as to the size and verify that these will work with stock brake line master cylinder?

Lockhart's Banjo Bolt web page

Any issues with "Goodridge bolt is only compatible with Goodridge lines"?

If this will work, which Part No.? (don't worry, I won't ask you to hold my hand as I order them as well :D )

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Get a stainless steel one for the master cylinder and get it with the bleeder. The sizing is pretty standard. You might even be able to get your local bike/auto parts place to get it for you.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The stock brakes have only 1 line coming off of the master cylinder...aftermarket lines (Galfer & Goodridge, for example) will have 2 lines coming off the master cylinder. You won't be able to use your single line bleeder with them.

Galfer's come with a bleeder in the kit. I don't believe Goodridge does. Why spend the $$ if you're going to need to get another one if you decide to use Goodridge lines in the future. It's a waste of $ for you to get one now, IMHO.

edit: Galfer & Goodridge use different size bolts.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HondaGal said:
The stock brakes have only 1 line coming off of the master cylinder...aftermarket lines (Galfer & Goodridge, for example) will have 2 lines coming off the master cylinder. You won't be able to use your single line bleeder with them.

Galfer's come with a bleeder in the kit. I don't believe Goodridge does. Why spend the $$ if you're going to need to get another one if you decide to use Goodridge lines in the future. It's a waste of $ for you to get one now, IMHO.

edit: Galfer & Goodridge use different size bolts.
Yea, I knew there is only one line coming off the master cylinder (hence the link to their single goodridge bolt versus their double banjo). I read Trackho spent $13 for a bleeder bolt and I thought I could spend $20 instead of $100 and kep my stock lines. I just didn't know if it worked on the stock setup versus the SS lines. Basically I want to just be able to totally bleed all the air from the system at the mc. Thanks for the response all the same.

(I'm out of here, have a good weekend everyone)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts