Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do these have a tendacy to go bad once the bike has been "crashed" is this thing a one time deal type thing? Meaning once the bike goes on it's side is it ruined? I just see alot of posts refering to this piece of equipment when their bikes won't start. Or do they just go bad after a while? :confused:

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
They shouldnt normaly go bad after a crash. It is basicaly (the ones I have seen) a switch with a sliding weight or magnet. Whenever it reaches one side of its travel (like a bike on its side) it kills the ignition or fuel pump.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So obviously when the bike is uprighted it should slide back to it's original position? Or could it maybe get stuck to the side causing hard starting?

Reason why i ask is the bike I just purchased was crashed and I am having trouble starting it and I thought it was the plugs that are fouled, which I still think they are toast and have to buy new ones.

But I don't think it is the bank angle, because after I cleaned the plugs once it did start and ran for a few seconds.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
If it is trying to start, it isn't your bank angle.

The Bank angle on the Honda is wonderful. Suzukis, at least used to, be total pieces of shit, so that might be why you're hearing about them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts