Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
any one try this? i am considering getting rid of the 954 because of the damn vibration... just got back from 500 mile trip and my hands still feel tingly. really bad at speeds above 130 mph.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Heavy bar ends will help.

http://www.hvmparts.com/

Make sure you change hand position frequently, and work on gripping the bars lightly rather than "death gripping" while riding too.

·
Registered
316 Posts
luvtolean said:
Heavy bar ends will help.

http://www.hvmparts.com/

Make sure you change hand position frequently, and work on gripping the bars lightly rather than "death gripping" while riding too.

yup already got a Short Pair (11.8 oz each).

on long rides i usually am able to let go and ride with my fingers extended, although i am always conscience of how tight i grip the bar but i always end up with a crease from the glove seam inprinted in my hand. :idunno:

gonna do a whole maintainence overhaul this weekend, let hope that helps.

·
Registered
960 Posts
luvtolean said:
I agree. Even on long trips I suffer from very little discomfort or numbness in the hands and wrists. I think this is because I ride with relaxed elbows which makes for a good wrist angle and very little weight on the hands. It also means I'm less likely to make accidental steering inputs if I hit bumps.

The attachment is a candid shot of me on tour taken a couple of weeks back by a roadside photographer on the old road north of Sydney. It illustrates what I mean by "relaxed elbows". I can ride all day like this without getting any soreness.

But in contrast, riding my bicycle to work, a mere 10 klm, I tend to notice numb hands occasionally because the riding position puts weight on my wrists.

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
New954RRider said:
any one try this? i am considering getting rid of the 954 because of the damn vibration... just got back from 500 mile trip and my hands still feel tingly. really bad at speeds above 130 mph.
Don't see how you can install the bar snake on a 954. It is made for handlebars not clipons.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts