Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little glove box mounted on my sissy bar in the rear with room for a few tools and I already know the most common tools used to work on my bike. I plan on having a couple with me at all times. there is just enough room to fit them. most of you have a small compartment somewhere on your bike for cramming stuff in, what tools are must haves in your opinions?

for my bike I figure
a 10mm 12mm and 14mm wrench
a small adjustable wrench for larger or smaller applications
a pair of needle nose pliers
a set of metric hex keys
tire pressure guage
pocket knife

anything you think I left out? and of course you know space is at a premium in this case. on a long trip I'll probably carry more in my travel gear but this is for basic riding/day trips.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Just the standard tool kit, + a can of tyre weld in case of a puncture. A mobile phone and recovery service can cover anything else!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I have no space for tyre weld (except on long runs) so i always have a
puncture repair kit + gas canister
Ah well that's one of the good things about the 900 - loads of room under the seat to carry all sorts of unnecessary crap! I have the Scottoiler in there, plus the toolkit, tyre weld, side stand puck, map, cargo net, bungee cords. I also store my sat nav case and phone in there when I go out for a ride.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Brilliant...I'm lucky if I can squeeze an extra allen key in :thumbd:
My buddies got the 08' after he fitted a pcIII he can't even store his smokes and lighter!! One thing i've love about my old blade, i can squeeze a 6 pack in there on the way to the cottage!!:thumb:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tire weld and zip ties those are a great idea. I dont think a can of tire weld will fit in my box (its only 1 1/2" deep) but the zip ties will. maybe I can figure out a place on the frame to mount some thing for holding tire weld or fixaflat.

thanks for the suggestions folks.

there has to be a couple "wish I hads" when something happened out there. like maybe a spare master link or some spare fuses. any more thoughts?

·
Registered
181 Posts
tire plug
crecent wrench
leatherman
set of 3/8 allen head sockets
8,10,12 mm sock
3/8 wrachet
3in extension
8/10 combinatio wrench
12/14 combination wrench
zip ties
fuses
pliers
kickstand coaster

I carry more when I really get away, this is the standard ride stuff thats always in the bike.

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
tire plug
crecent wrench
leatherman
set of 3/8 allen head sockets
8,10,12 mm sock
3/8 wrachet
3in extension
8/10 combinatio wrench
12/14 combination wrench
zip ties
fuses
pliers
kickstand coaster

I carry more when I really get away, this is the standard ride stuff thats always in the bike.
Ive never seen a sportbike estate before, pics please :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I "borrowed" one of the wife nice cloth and leather makeup bag thingy with a waterproof liner, and started putting tool in it one day and sliding it up and under my solo race tail. It holds a nice assortment, and then some. Thing is , it sits flat instead of the bulky round like most tool kits.

I need to probably get me the oem crap for the wheel, and add a plug socket since getting the 929.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts