Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my name is Sebastian and I recently bought a 954RR, I love it but it has a Battery Charging problem. It does not hold charge: I noticed that the usage of the low beams and high drains the battery while riding. I replaced the battery because the previous one was old and was not charged before the purchase anyways.. So i mounted the new one but the problem still remains. I checked the stator and it's alright ( ca. 0.5 Ω ) And also there ware no short circuits between coils and mass. I then noticed that the plug between stator and regulator/rectifier was a bit burned at one pin (on that pin I measured double the resistance at 20°C: 0.6Ω vs 0.3Ω on the other two. I removed that connector and hardwired the 3 cables in hope that it would make a difference. Sadly it did not. While the engine idles it gets around 12.6V without any light switched on. I measured Charging voltage at 5k rpm but it did not exceed 13V. At this moment I do not know what it could be and why. Could someome help me out? If something is not clear due to my language just ask!
Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts