Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I'm new on here as I have just bought my first (2nd hand) '98' CBR 600, it seems that every time I use the headlight while riding the next time I try to use the starter it won't work and I have to bump it. If I never use the light it starts every time but I prefer to ride with the lights permanently on so there's less chance of the car driving lunatics giving me a close up of the tarmac. Please help and keep it simple - I'm learning as I go :)

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hi guys
I'm new on here as I have just bought my first (2nd hand) '98' CBR 600, it seems that every time I use the headlight while riding the next time I try to use the starter it won't work and I have to bump it. If I never use the light it starts every time but I prefer to ride with the lights permanently on so there's less chance of the car driving lunatics giving me a close up of the tarmac. Please help and keep it simple - I'm learning as I go :)

Thanks in advance

On a Honda it's far more likely the charging system has failed again.
What voltage do you have across the battery with the engine running?

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I should explain, a load test will determine the state of your current battery. If it's flat, common sense says to replace it.
But if you do, and your charging system is the true culprit, by not adequately recharging the battery as you demand power from it, like headlights, then your new battery will be going flat very quickly too.
That's why a multimeter will serve you much better in this case so you can test the battery and the reg/rec & stator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts