Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
First off I'm new to this site. I have a 954rr that I've been riding for about 3 years now. I love this thing. I recently added 3 HID's, I integrated the rear taillight and changed my front turns to proton flushmount LED signals. My battery happened to die today for the first time since I bought it.
Any suggestions for a decent battery that would be able to last through these modifications?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hey guys,
First off I'm new to this site. I have a 954rr that I've been riding for about 3 years now. I love this thing. I recently added 3 HID's, I integrated the rear taillight and changed my front turns to proton flushmount LED signals. My battery happened to die today for the first time since I bought it.
Any suggestions for a decent battery that would be able to last through these modifications?
Thanks
Have you done the tests of your charging system?
It's far more likely a stator failure than the battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It worked fine for a while.. I did the work months ago. But I can jump it and run it with no issues it just doesn't hold a charge once it's off. If it sits there for more than like 10 minutes it goes dead.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
It worked fine for a while.. I did the work months ago. But I can jump it and run it with no issues it just doesn't hold a charge once it's off. If it sits there for more than like 10 minutes it goes dead.

Even when it's disconnected from the bike?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a trickle charger and charged it to full. I let it sit and then try to start it and nothing. This all just happened today.
It's been running fine up until today. I noticed when I started it this afternoon My gauges were flashing even when the bike was running. After driving a little bit they stopped.
I was able to start it twice today with no issues. But my buddy had to come and jump me the third time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts