Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever bought a battery from the ebay site battery geeks? Just wondering because they have some good deals, but I really don't know much about this company. Just looking for some insight.:huh:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have never delt with battery geeks. But I have used ebay and paypal. Both are very helpful if you do get scammed. I would never buy anything from ebay without paypal. If they don't except paypal it will be harder to get your money back if you get scammed. If you do decide to use them read the discription carefully and keep checking for the shipping dates / tracking numbers. If you have an issue notify ebay / paypal asap.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
What is their feedback rating like? Any neg feedback? (If yes, what was it for?)

Try to spend a little more and go for a Yuasa battery, I've found they have given me the best life expectancy and reliability so far (The Hornet, VFR and Blade all have one)

I'd also invest in a battery tender (e.g. optimate, accumate etc)

·
Registered
203 Posts
my batteries are £27 in northern ireland, i dont think i'd save much buying online, with postage etc? what are you being offered? i bought 2 batteries in 2 years as they seemed to be affected by the winter (bike sits out with a cover just). ive been keeping the charge up with 2 days on an optimate every 3 weeks or so since. i read articles about the cold affecting batteries, which it does seem to.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
i read articles about the cold affecting batteries, which it does seem to.
Batteries shouldn't be left on cold surfaces (e.g. on concrete floors) as this can affect the internals... and basically wreck the battery (not sure how it would work on a gel battery but since told none of mine have been on the floor)

Winter sees a lot more batteries/alternators going (not sure why about the alternators - maybe as they're working a lot harder in winter (fan/de-mister etc etc?))

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's not the cold surface that affects the battery. You should never sit them on ground as being grounded will cause them to drain. Always store them on a rubber mat. Being out in the cold weather uncharged is also hard on batteries. If the bike sits it will slowly loose charge and then being cold is like a double wammy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The site is a power seller and has great feed backs also. I have a battery tender, but the battery doesn't hold a charge for long anymore. It's the original battery from back in '02. I want to get the Yuasa battery, but I'm only going to be riding it till July and then it's going to be in storage till who knows when...at least a year. Then I'm not sure where the military is going to send me next. I thought about selling her, but I love her to much to let her go. So that's why I'm trying to decided on a cheap battery or just get the good one still?. Thanks for all the feed back too

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
The site is a power seller and has great feed backs also. I have a battery tender, but the battery doesn't hold a charge for long anymore. It's the original battery from back in '02. I want to get the Yuasa battery, but I'm only going to be riding it till July and then it's going to be in storage till who knows when...at least a year. Then I'm not sure where the military is going to send me next. I thought about selling her, but I love her to much to let her go. So that's why I'm trying to decided on a cheap battery or just get the good one still?. Thanks for all the feed back too
I'm stuck in the middle. Would you have anyone over in your country when you go off to the military? (Could buy a quality battery and then let them charge it up when your away...?) Not sure if they'd go bad for the amount of time they would be stood though?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not going to have anyone unless I leave the bike at my parents house till I get back from living overseas. I want to take the bike with me, but I have to see where I'm going to be heading to after I leave Korea.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I bought a new battery from Battery geeks for my '06 1000rr. Brand new. Perfect. It was like $22 for the battery and like $18 for shipping. So like $40 or so dollars. The same EXACT battery from the dealer was $95 (not including tax). so it is a good deal. I would recommend them. I mean, a battery is a battery, and it is brand new, and at a good price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tried to find Battery Geeks on feeBay using the
advanced search. They did not list them this morning
Jan 15, 2010

I've bought batteries and chargers on feeBay.
Use PayPal only and if scammed better to go through
PayPal than feeBay. feeBay is a total rip and they own
PayPal. It takes some time to get money back on PayPal
but you get it all back. You might have to ship the item
back if defective to get money back, though. Try to get a
return shipping label from the seller to recoupe all your money.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The deals they had were just for the holidays. I ended up going to cyclegear to pick one up. I haven't been on my bike since mid Oct....it's time to ride again!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an 07 blade and at 24,000 miles needed to replace the battery. Found the battery geek on feebay and gave them a try at a 100% customer service rating. For 22.00 bucks and 11.00 shipping and comes fully charged could not be beat! It has been a great battery. If I need a battery for anything else thats where I will be getting mine from!!!!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I have never delt with battery geeks. But I have used and paypal. Both are very helpful if you do get scammed. I would never buy anything from ebay without paypal. If they don't except paypal it will be harder to get your money back if you get scammed. If you do decide to use them read the discription carefully and keep checking for the shipping dates / tracking numbers. If you have an issue notify ebay / paypal asap.
You are very wrong about Ebay and Paypal being great if you get scammed.

Friend of mine sent a guy in the united states $1200 through paypal.. With that He was sent a KKK K04 Turbo Charger, and 4 injectors. The add said that the turbo was only used on a few dyno runs.

It came in the mail and we went to work.. You could see that the turbo was infact run with race fuel. Worst part is, the shaft was twisted and sheared. useless is what it was. Couldnt even obtain a K04 core to use the housings with.

So really he spent $1200 on injectors that would have cost him $800 brand new.
Guy tried to claim that he explained to my friend what was wrong with the turbo. Never did, I have seen what conversations they had.

Ebay and Paypal wouldnt do anything about it..

So no.. They dont save you from getting scammed

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't buy anything from ebay unless I use paypal. I was once scammed. A guy selling a cbr 1000 rr rim as like new not one scratch, was a lie. When I recieved the rim it was all scrtched up. I contacted ebay and got my money back right away. Maybe a couple of days, but got my money. I also learned to buy from very high rated sellers or power sellers who reputation is very important. Lesson, allways you paypal!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts