Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my cbr 600 about 3 months ago, and right from the start, i was having battery issues.. i took it in for a charge at autozone, and seemed to be good. i'm unsure if it's the original battery, (it's a '99 so i doubt it) but recently i was driving home from work(about a 30 minute ride), stalled it out at a light, and couldn't restart it. i jumped it, started up,.. took a ride down the road, shut down for about 20 minutes, and it started up without the jump just fine.. sound like the battery? i just don't get why after riding for 30 minutes, it wouldn't start back up immediately, but it did after sitting for 20. could it be the alternator?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I recently (just two weeks ago) had similar problems on my '02 and it was the battery. It was the original from '02 so I have no complaints since it went 6.5 years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know that some bikes only charge the battery over certain rpm's like my 1000 only charges when above 3000 rpm's I believe. So if you were at a stop light idling, and your headlights and tail lights were running off an already weak old battery, it may have drained it easily. Then you rode home and it charged it back up a bit. Just a thought

·
Registered
65 Posts
i had the same thing happen on my last two bikes. it was the battery each time. one battery was 10 yrs old and the other 6. change it, they are only 30 quid, and you will have a new one to work with,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts