Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i haven't ridden in a while due to a deployment to Iraq. I get back, the battery is dead... I went to get another battery, and it is $180. do you think i will be able to charge the one i have, or should i just suck it up and spend the dough... the batt i have is COMPLETELY dead

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
So i haven't ridden in a while due to a deployment to Iraq. I get back, the battery is dead... I went to get another battery, and it is $180. do you think i will be able to charge the one i have, or should i just suck it up and spend the dough... the batt i have is COMPLETELY dead
First, thank you for your service to your Country. :patriot: :plus1: :clap:

If the battery is older than 2 years or froze while it was dead, just replace it. Otherwise it could probably be brought back with a slow charge, not just boosting the bike and letting the bike charge it. Be sure the levels are up if you decide to charge it.

In the future (God forbid you get redeployed) buy a Battery Tender to maintain the battery for long term storage.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Go to CycleGear and get a "Mega Boost" battery, on their website they have a link to an aafes log in, you probably get a military discount. Or you can go to the PX and ask a manager how they are affiliated with CycleGear. I picked mine up a few years ago for $100 and it has a lifetime warranty! No problems so far.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys... its MUCH appreciated... i will probably go with smiff95s response and just get a new batt... and thanks for your support for the troops... it means a lot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts