Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BDA, or anyone else with Baxleys mounted in a trailer/vehicle, how did you go about mounting the chock to the floor? Did you use their own mounting kit?

I just ordered two "trailer" chocks and a Sport Chock (for the garage), and wondering if I should have gotten their kit, or can it be done securely via a trip to the local hardware store. :huh:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I haven't done anything yet, but the guys at TakeIt2TheTrack who I bought mine from do it themselves.

They take a small strip of steel, and weld on nuts for eye bolts. This bracket is then bolted to the trailer floor.

The eye bolts are then used to secure the Baxley in the trailer.

I think I'm just going to hard mount mine though. I have no need for it in the garage or pits.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
luvtolean said:
I haven't done anything yet, but the guys at TakeIt2TheTrack who I bought mine from do it themselves.

They take a small strip of steel, and weld on nuts for eye bolts. This bracket is then bolted to the trailer floor.

The eye bolts are then used to secure the Baxley in the trailer.

I think I'm just going to hard mount mine though. I have no need for it in the garage or pits.
I can halfway visualize what you're talking about, thanks. I may try something like that, as I need to be able to remove (and hopefully, easily) the chocks to use the trailer for hauling stuff other than motorcycles.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BDA116 said:
I'd answer your question, but you and your homey made me cry last time Baxleys were brought up.
Soon, TB will kiss it and make it feel better, so just answer the phucking question, you fag.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
If you can put the Baxley up against the front wall of the trailer, just to that and you won't have to acutally mount it.
I'm pretty sure that's how Bwhip runs his, maybe ping him and ask.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Pete said:
I can halfway visualize what you're talking about, thanks. I may try something like that, as I need to be able to remove (and hopefully, easily) the chocks to use the trailer for hauling stuff other than motorcycles.
That was definately an abbreviated version. I could draw one up for you if you decide to do it yourself.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BDA116 said:
If you can put the Baxley up against the front wall of the trailer, just to that and you won't have to acutally mount it.
I'm pretty sure that's how Bwhip runs his, maybe ping him and ask.
It's an open utility trailer, without substantial "wall" space at the front. I've done that previously, though, with my old BikeLift chock in an enclosed trailer (all the way to Barber and back) and it worked just fine.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I can't match the paint skillz of Sunny.

I'll do it up later today for you...too much surfing and I have work to do. :rotfl:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
To answer your question as to how I have mine mounted, I have two bolts sticking up from the wood subfloor I put in the Stabbin' Cabin. It is held in place by two finger tight nuts and is easily removed for pit duty.
I don't think that's what you're looking for, though.
Something like what LTL mentioned would work well for you.
If you can't visualize it without superior Paint skillz, you should thank your Louisiana public school officials.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BDA116 said:
To answer your question as to how I have mine mounted, I have two bolts sticking up from the wood subfloor I put in the Stabbin' Cabin. It is held in place by two finger tight nuts and is easily removed for pit duty.
I don't think that's what you're looking for, though.
Something like what LTL mentioned would work well for you.
If you can't visualize it without superior Paint skillz, you should thank your Louisiana public school officials.
I went to private schools, thank you.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
OK Petey. Bracket under the chock.

You could also make the steel strip wider than the chock and bolt it outside if you wanted.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts