Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys! Which is better: Bazzaz Fi or PC3/5?

Was told that the former is better as its able to tune all 8 injectors compared to 4 (the main ones) on the latter?

Anyone here running these 2 modules or even ran both before?

FYI, I'm riding a 2008 CBR1000RR.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Bazzaz is quickly becoming the wave of the future. It does do a more precise tune and you can also add in a quick shifter assembly as well as traction control. Can't do the traction control with PCIII or PC5.

For your bike I would go with the Bazzaz but make sure you have a shop with a dyno that knows how to tune the system. It's a bit more tricky.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bazzaz is quickly becoming the wave of the future. It does do a more precise tune and you can also add in a quick shifter assembly as well as traction control. Can't do the traction control with PCIII or PC5.

For your bike I would go with the Bazzaz but make sure you have a shop with a dyno that knows how to tune the system. It's a bit more tricky.
Well, I'm from Singapore & PCs are more popular & most of the bike shops here run dynos for PCs. As for Bazzaz, as far as I know, there's only a handful of riders running them. Anyway, I wont be changing my exhaust system anytime sooner (probably in 6 months' time) & my mechanic recommends that I run using the preloaded mapping for my bike & after I changed my exhaust, I can actually download the mappings & upload myself.

·
Registered
261 Posts
This is simple if you want traction control, quick shifter, and the ability to change fuel maps on the fly get the Bazzaz. The only problem is that you cant just add those options as you go, you have to buy it all at once which is about $900 USD, because the Bazzaz Z-Fi by itself isnt upgradeable.

Otherwise either fuel controller will do a good job, bazzaz caters more to racers than street riders as well. The adjustability in its fuel maps is alot more complex than the PC3 or PC5 and you will want a dyno shop that KNOWS how to tune a Bazzaz to get the benefit from that extra adjustability.

The PC3 and PC5 are both capable at doing what they are supposed to do and are more widely supported by your local shops. Also you can add a quick shift kit anytime you want if you decide to go down that route.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is simple if you want traction control, quick shifter, and the ability to change fuel maps on the fly get the Bazzaz. The only problem is that you cant just add those options as you go, you have to buy it all at once which is about $900 USD, because the Bazzaz Z-Fi by itself isnt upgradeable.

Otherwise either fuel controller will do a good job, bazzaz caters more to racers than street riders as well. The adjustability in its fuel maps is alot more complex than the PC3 or PC5 and you will want a dyno shop that KNOWS how to tune a Bazzaz to get the benefit from that extra adjustability.

The PC3 and PC5 are both capable at doing what they are supposed to do and are more widely supported by your local shops. Also you can add a quick shift kit anytime you want if you decide to go down that route.
So in my case, you would recommend PC3/5 instead of Bazzaz? I dont go to track, just street riding. But I want something that can offer me upgrading options in future if I, like you said, would want to go down that route.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This issue became the main issue in the street of were am from.... I tested bazzaz and then PCV on 2008 CBR1000RR and 2009 ZX10R and on 2009 Hayabusa... I knew bazzaz has an upper hand because it controls all 8 injectors were PCV control only 4, but all that is theoretical conclusion, in real world, it should not matter because you only need little adjustment which can be accomplished only by tuning the primary 4 injectors, thats why I told every one asked me before the test run on the mentioned bikes.
WOOOW... I was wrong and shocked to learn that bazzaz was giving much more power than PCV and by alot. So yes yes yes.... Bazzaz is second to nothing honestly, I knew it was theoretically better but never expected the HUGE difference I witnessed. So when I spread the word to some bikers, they did some testing them selves and they all agreed on bazzaz being more powerful.
I learned later that PC has lunched and expansion-unit to control the other 4 injectors... I guess dynojet got the massage and felt threaten by all the reviews

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

The PC also has the ability to change maps on the fly. You do need to add the hub and the map switch though. With the LCD display, i believe that you have more options in mapping with the SD memory card.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This issue became the main issue in the street of were am from.... I tested bazzaz and then PCV on 2008 CBR1000RR and 2009 ZX10R and on 2009 Hayabusa... I knew bazzaz has an upper hand because it controls all 8 injectors were PCV control only 4, but all that is theoretical conclusion, in real world, it should not matter because you only need little adjustment which can be accomplished only by tuning the primary 4 injectors, thats why I told every one asked me before the test run on the mentioned bikes.
WOOOW... I was wrong and shocked to learn that bazzaz was giving much more power than PCV and by alot. So yes yes yes.... Bazzaz is second to nothing honestly, I knew it was theoretically better but never expected the HUGE difference I witnessed. So when I spread the word to some bikers, they did some testing them selves and they all agreed on bazzaz being more powerful.
I learned later that PC has lunched and expansion-unit to control the other 4 injectors... I guess dynojet got the massage and felt threaten by all the reviews
Well then, you made the decision for me already.... LOL....

Thank you for you info & feedback bro!!!!

Ride safe & enjoy the ride!!!!

CHEERS!!!!

The PC also has the ability to change maps on the fly. You do need to add the hub and the map switch though. With the LCD display, i believe that you have more options in mapping with the SD memory card.
Hmmm, that will mean having to spend extra for the hub & switch.... Anyway, dont think I have the need for the map changes on the fly coz I'm focusing more on pickup & midrange for my bike.... Aint much roads for me to go that fast here in Singapore.... Hahahaha....

Anyway, thank you for you info too.... :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well then, you made the decision for me already.... LOL....

Thank you for you info & feedback bro!!!!

Ride safe & enjoy the ride!!!!

CHEERS!!!! :D
You're welcome my friend... I am glad to help every one I can, and its nice to here from a fellow Asian participating in motorcycles forums. I hear you Singaporean are big and freaks in sportbikes !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're welcome my friend... I am glad to help every one I can, and its nice to here from a fellow Asian participating in motorcycles forums. I hear you Singaporean are big and freaks in sportbikes !!
Yup! We Singaporeans are big freaks in sportsbikes.... The only drawback is we dont have the kinda roads here to fully enjoy the bikes' performance.... So majority of us would travel up north to Malaysia & ride on the roads there or go for track sessions on the 2 circuits there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts