Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Who needs reviews? We already know that they are a gift to the motorcycling world and will kick ass over any other bike on the market...

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ND4SPD said:
Maybe Yamaha finally realized that they built a POS, so they're trying to get some of their money back before the press gets a chance to tell everyone :rotfl:
While I doubt it will be a POS, no matter how bad I want it to....
You might be on to something there, watch this space.

·
Registered
476 Posts
ND4SPD said:
POS or not, it's ugly. Total disgrace to previous R1's

I think there are some cheesy points to the new R1. When kids come into my shop, they see my bikes and if they are into bikes there's usually a converation about them. In 100% of the cases, if I can hear their exhaust tip from 2 miles away, they have huge heavy rims on their import race car, many decals and an adjustable wing, They ask me why I don't have or am not buying an R1. Yamaha will catch on and there WILL BE an APC version of the R1 in the near future.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
this is from the yammie site

It begins with a third-generation, 998cc, liquid-cooled, short-stroke, 20-valve, in-line four-cylinder engine designed to make 180 horsepower power at a stratospheric 12,500 rpm

so is it making 180 or does it just have hte potential to do so with the right tuner

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Neither.
Yamaha is hoping that their factory tuners can get 180 out of it on the race bikes, but they are just blowing hot air up the skirts of the squids that like the R1 with that crap.
Funny thing is, there are those that actually believe it.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
bubba said:
this is from the yammie site

It begins with a third-generation, 998cc, liquid-cooled, short-stroke, 20-valve, in-line four-cylinder engine designed to make 180 horsepower power at a stratospheric 12,500 rpm

so is it making 180 or does it just have hte potential to do so with the right tuner

It's designed to do so with ram-air in effect. Which is a bs claim because they can't simulate true ram air in a windtunnel

·
Registered
364 Posts
Re: Serial Thriller's "I found this spy photo of the new R1"

My eyes! My eyes! I don't know which is worse, Barney or the R1.
Arrrggghhh!!!
:toilet:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts