Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im curious about what can be done about a damaged race on a 05 600rr. It looks like the race is part of the frame so it cant be pressed out like the 954rr. I didnt take any pics yet but I drew it on my comp. If I were to describe it, from the top view you can see the steering stem is starting to indent into the race towards the front and towards the back. How can I fix this??? Also if this drawing stinks, I can post up a pic tomorrow. Let me know

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know on the 954 and the 929 the race is replacable but I dont think all the honda frames were built the same. Do you know for a fact it's replacable? It looks pretty solid to me. Im going to call the dealer tomorrow but I have a feeling I already know the answer.

·
Registered
469 Posts
The parts diagram doesn't show a removable lower race, only the dust seal. You might be out of luck. It sounds very odd though, as the race would be made of hardened/heat treated steel, and the lower triple is made from butter alloy.

They are usually a press fit, but that doesn't mean they are not replaceable. Not sure what the hell they've done there ....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts