Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm real close to buying a beater suitable for storming around town... an Audi Quattro (1990 vintage).  I know it's an odd thread for a motorcycle forum but just curious if anyone else has a four-wheel thrasher.

And before the flaming begins... yes, I've had Audis in the past and, yes, I know what I'm getting into

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I've got a 94 Accord EX Coupe (done up pretty well), a 95 Toyota Supra SE (nearly stock, but for some clear blinkers), and a 02 Subaru WRX (nowhere near stock).

I've had the Accord since 95, and it's been good to me through all those years, even if I haven't been that good back The Supra is a recent purchase (never even drove one before buying this one), and I've had the WRX for nearly two years now.

That is all.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
You may laugh, but I had a 93 Cavalier. Cheap cheap. 5 speed (a must) power nothing, not even a/c. That car was a little tank. I miss it. It got abused by my bro and then me, and it still ran great. ONly got rid of it b/c I bought my wife a car and her old one was nicer than mine.

Bear in mind that this would define 'beater'.

·
Registered
276 Posts
i have a 81 jeep Cherokee lerado two door 360 cubes bored .030 over steel crank turned .010 and align bored 11.5:1 compression shaved, decked ,ported and polished heads edelbrock four barrel rpm preformer intake on propane
and a rv cam a real rank rv cam . ox lockers front and back and it all rides on 33'bfg at's oh yeah and tonnes of rust
but hey i always get to the rig no matter what the weather

ps how do i upload a pic?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Rigger : blah, blah ... lots of technical stuff delete

ps how do i upload a pic?
The box underneath the reply box where it says browse. Click on browse and find the pic you want to upload. Then click add reply ... the pic will be uploaded automatically.

84 GMC 1 ton wit da 350 big block

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I drove an '87 Cutlass Supreme while in college. It was THE beater...hubcabs missing, fender falling off the back, upholstery stapled up, cracks in the windshield....steering column so loose that the wheel moved up and down 8'....and an NRA sticker to boot.

·
Registered
199 Posts
My father has a 1987 Toyota Tercel that he uses to get back and forth to work.  Sucker has over 150,000 miles and still purrs.  0-60 in two miles or 200 hundred feet if pushed off a cliff.

·
Registered
276 Posts
one more my fav can you say dummer hummer

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Heavy-Dee : Quote (Rigger @ June 26 2003, 2:15pm)Quote (firedawgon929 @ June 26 2003, 1:55pm)
blah, blah ... lots of technical stuff delete
lol too funny but hey i beat the #### out of it soo and thanks for the info
Dude! That thing is cool.  Not as cool as your avatar though.
No crap ... that thing is [email protected]

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got off the phone with my insurance guy and my premium will actually drop by adding the beater  

Rigger - sweet ride

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I own a vehicle that can be called a beater!
It is my 1985 conversion van that I bought from my bro-in-in law to make my hauler. I gutted it of all the luxo-van crap and made it a moto hauler. It's only purpose in life is to haul my bike and be the State Farm vehicle for cheap motorcycle insurance - and when I need to haul crap, because there's no way I'm screwing up the bed of the Denali. My wife and I have other cars, too, but they aren't beaters.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
BDA116 : I own a vehicle that can be called a beater!
It is my 1985 conversion van that I bought from my bro-in-in law to make my hauler. I gutted it of all the luxo-van crap and made it a moto hauler. It's only purpose in life is to haul my bike and be the State Farm vehicle for cheap motorcycle insurance - and when I need to haul crap, because there's no way I'm screwing up the bed of the Denali. My wife and I have other cars, too, but they aren't beaters.
Do you actually put the bike in the van??

·
Registered
548 Posts
I've got a 91 nissan sentra I don't know if youd call it a beater but my wife calls it a jalopy. I got it for 2000 bucks just for commuting so I don't have to use my vintage VW. The thing is it's one of the most reliable things I've ever owned. It needs new struts but I am trying not to spend any money on it. It seems the less I care about it the more trouble free it gets.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Our work van is definitly a beater. It's a Ford Aerostar (not sure the year) getting ready to trip 200K miles on it. The back sliding door only opens from the inside, only AM/FM radio, the ignition just spins and sometimes it'll crank without the key.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I've got an '87 Fiero GT, 5-speed. Body work is still in great condition but the wheel bearings, clutch and suspension are just about gone. A/C is also broke on it.

Funnest car to drive. Its exactly like driving a go-cart. You literally are 'in' the car. Got a killer sound system in it too!

Getting ready to sell it though Just bought a new car and don't want to spend the money on fixing her up.

I've also got a '97 dodge ram that we used to take mudding and off roading till we killed the engine by 'accidentally' falling into a mud pit full of water. Just got the new engine in and still owe on it, so we won't be taking it out anymore.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
I got a '92 Taurus SHO. Most hated and loved car I've ever owned. Pisses me off like no other when something breaks(fairly often), but when she runs, she runs like a raped ape. It's incredibly fun to drive, and I especially love the sleeper effect

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
MACI4LIFE : Quote (BDA116 @ June 26 2003, 4:33pm)blah blah blah.
Do you actually put the bike in the van??
I most certainly do. No worries about if it's tied down, no worries about freezing temps, no trailer to tow, and I can sleep right next to it if needs be. I can fit two people, bikes and all the stuff quite comfortably - although it's usually just my bike.
I use a SportChock, and loosely tie down the rear on either side. No compressed suspension, bike is one with the van.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts