Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chain's new wallpaper

Anyone read Kevin Cameron's article on the 200 mph barrier (since broken by a Moto GP Ducati, I know, but that's another story) in road racing? This all carbon, 1661cc Hayabusa runs in Formula Extreme and puts out 250 hp (said to be the most powerful roadrace bike ever engineered). F-ing awesome.

Me want one!

http://www.teamhayabusa.com/

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
where are the wheelie bars

·
Registered
397 Posts
They did a show on that bike. I think it was motorcycleist? Anyways they had to custom fabricate a swingarm for the thing. It is just something they are experimenting with. To be honest the times are not all that impressive. Well impressive for the fact that the guy has made that thing handle so well. (as apposed to the prior handling capabilities) But it is only laying down gixxer 1000 times. Which is good, dont get me wrong here. But with 300+ extra CC's you would think he could blow it outta the water. I think the work the guy has done thus far is pretty impressive. I hate the bike, but the work and idea is cool.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I thought it was a very interesting article.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Okada broke 204 at Hockenheim in the late 90's on a fuel injected RSV500 every lap during that years GP race. edit: (Just remembered there was some controversy over trap speed that year, although the official times were 204 and small change)

Rad was a GLLRA regular at Grattan and briefly held the track record with that bike in 2001. (He bested Greg Gibson's record set on a basically stock (Akro pipe, PC111, Penske shock, Traxxion forks and race gas) 929 by .001 second).  The most memorable thing about that Busa' was Rad giving me the peace sign just past the start finish line as he went by on one wheel (damn near vertical) in third gear during practice.  He didn't set it down until the last braking marker before turn 1 . . .  I should also mention that Rad came very close to breaking Grattan's track record after 10 laps on my TZ250 in 2000.  When he puts his head down on familiar turf, he goes very fast.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
abtech : When he puts his head down on familiar turf, he goes very fast.
Whoa, Rad would seem to have skills. And balls that click when he walks.

Neat anecdote abtech, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Repsol_69 : But with 300+ extra CC's you would think he could blow it outta the water.
Just in case you didn't notice, it has GSX 1661 R, which would imply about 661 more cc's.
Fig

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
'Phat'

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ConqSoft : Quote (Fig @ Aug. 03 2003, 6:13pm)Quote (Repsol_69 @ Aug. 02 2003, 11:14am)But with 300+ extra CC's you would think he could blow it outta the water.
Just in case you didn't notice, it has GSX 1661 R, which would imply about 661 more cc's.
Fig
Not if it were based off the GSXR1300....
And it indeed is.

Fig needs to bone up on his 'busa background.

Edit: And Conq, it's a GSX1300R, not a GSXR1300. @ you too.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's okay, I'm just being picky with ya (but they actually aren't GSX-Rs).

Edit: Hayabusas, that is...

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ConqSoft : Quote (Chain @ Aug. 03 2003, 7:01pm)It's okay, I'm just being picky with ya (but they actually aren't GSX-Rs).
See above.
You linked me to the GSX-R1000... and I don't know what you're trying to say.

The Suzuki model number for the Gixxer Grand is GSX-R1000.

The Suzuki model number for the Hayabusa is GSX1300R.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ConqSoft : A gsxr is a gsxr is a gsxr.  All the rest are listed as GSX-R ####.  The 1300 is just listed as a Hayabusa 1300 anyway.
Nope.

Look at the link.  Then, click and scroll to the bottom.

http://www.suzukicycles.com/sr_03/sportstreet/fs_gsx1300r.htm

'The GSX1300R is engineered for experienced riders.'

The 'bus isn't a GSX-R. 'zook makes a GSX-R in 600, 750 and 1000cc's but the Hayabusa isn't one of them. It's a GSX1300R.

I love petty skirmishes with mods, lol.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts