Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my bike a while back and I'm wanting to fix it up a bit. I bought it from a guy who had a wicked wipeout. And the tail piece is bent a little bit and kicked over to one side. Does anybody know how to fix that mess?

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I bought my bike a while back and I'm wanting to fix it up a bit. I bought it from a guy who had a wicked wipeout. And the tail piece is bent a little bit and kicked over to one side. Does anybody know how to fix that mess?
A few pics might help you get a few suggestions...:cool:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
you may be able to use a lump hammer if it is only bent slightly. The only other way really is to heat it up and bend back to original position

·
Registered
791 Posts
You'll never get it properly straight without a jig, heat and lots of time. You'll be better off replacing the rear frame. Best hope the main frame is straight!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

What sort of bike is it?
Most sportsbikes have a removable rear subframe and it's usually far easier to replace it than to try to straighten one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I was hoping you could replace them. I didn't know if it would be easier to replace it or straighten it. It's an 02 954

1 - 7 of 7 Posts