Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My experience with handguns is pretty limited, though I'm pretty proficient with rifles and shotguns. Anywho, I recently had the opportunity to fire my buddy's 96 FS and it was saweeeet! :thumb: I really like the way the berettas fit my hand. So now I've been looking at their cougar line particularly the 8040. Anyone have one of these that can give me a rundown of the high's and low's on this gun? Much appreciated guys and gals.

·
Registered
948 Posts
there are no lows to that gun my friend :D it is the best handgun ever made (next to the 1911 of course) :evilaugh:

I own one and its great!! Mine happens to be the 8045 model but either way the gun is magnificent.

here are some pics

if you have any questions let me know i would be more than happy to try to help!

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Do I see CCI Blazer ammo in that .45 Greg?

I've personally never shot a Beretta(pistol). I was under the impression that they have discontinued the Cougar series. Which according to some was a stupid call. Beretta has been around a long time and I have many ex-military guys that swear up and down that a Beretta is the greatest gun ever made.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
personally, I don't like them. The raleigh PD uses them and not many of them like them either. I like the 92 series of pistols okay and I really like their shotguns...

Whats the cost on this badboy? Just wondering what the going rate is for one...

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yes it is CCI Blazer Reap! :clap:

and I paid about $700.00 for it when they first came out..... now you could probably get one brand new for maybe $500.00 :idunno:

I dont know I really like the Berrettas always have my buddy had a .45 Glock and i hated it and i have had a couple Taurus 9 mms they were ok but i have been shooting berrettas for years now and they are just outstanding firearms!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice pics SPY, that gun is damn sexy! :thumb: CCWILLI, what in particular do you not like about the cougars? Or what have you heard others say that didn't sit well with you? I've also had the opportunity to shoot a glock 23 and 27, and while I liked the 23( 27 seemed impossible to control, probably my lack of skill to blame), it just doesn't fit my hand like a beretta. I've heard that when choosing a pistol you should go with what fits your hand the best. Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
SemperSquidly said:
CCWILLI, what in particular do you not like about the cougars? Or what have you heard others say that didn't sit well with you? I've also had the opportunity to shoot a glock 23 and 27, and while I liked the 23( 27 seemed impossible to control, probably my lack of skill to blame), it just doesn't fit my hand like a beretta. I've heard that when choosing a pistol you should go with what fits your hand the best. Thanks for the replies guys.
The ergos of the couger irritate me. The cops that I have shot with all prefer sigs or glocks and carry those off duty, but on duty they have to carry the cougar. I like sigs and HKs (prefer HKs overall). Bottom line, go with the gun that you can shoot the best and most comfortable. Have you shot this gun in the caliber you want? I'd highly recommend you do that always before buying.

Since you are in the "buying" stage, you owe it to yourself to try everything. Check out a P220 Sig or a USP or USP compact from HK. Lots of other good stuff out there. If you come back to the cougar and decide thats the best for you, then you will at least know you saw what else was out there...

Good luck man! :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts