Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Todd deserves to play again. He would have missed the entire year even without the lockout so the punishment is more than enough.

Moore will play again. Shit Gary Roberts broke his neck worst than Moore and the doctors told him he would never do anything athletic agian and he came back right where he left off as an amazing power forward.

All the Moore facts from that article came from his lawyer so I put little weight on them. What else is he going to say. His civil suit agains Bertuzzi and the whole western part of Canada has not started yet.

It was unfortunate what happened to him but that is hockey. You pull some shit your going to get your come up'ins. That is the way hockey has always been. With this situation he got a huge punch and then 5 guys fell on him aukwardly. There is no way his neck was broke by the punch.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I disagree with Gretzky coaching.
How can the greatest player be a good coach.
What he did no one but Mario could duplicate (I am only speaking in present era).
What is he going to say okay take the puck up the boards put a move on the first guy acquire the zone. Either carry on to around the back of the net or slant into the slot. Look for the trigger man and bounce pass it off the boards through the defencemens legs off the goal post and right into the wheelhouse of your centremen for him to score. Take face-off and repeat.

The only great coaches that were players were horrible players that had to be coached. That is were they got there learnings. The only good thing is that he has great assistant coaches.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
If the Canadians are going to continue this discussion, shouldn't it be moved to "Religion"?

:D

J/K, guys - interesting input.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Bertuzzi is a piece of :shit: . The point of the game IS NOT to go out and ruin not only someones career but their life as well. Anyone who condones what he did is a jackass. Sure Moore put a hit on Naslund, but it was a clean hit. So Bertuzzi felt the need to be dirty and grab him from behind/side. Oh yeah, real stand up guy that Bertuzzi. I'm done with this topic as it enrages me.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Bertuzzi meant to send a message not cripple him.
Moore's hit was not clean on Naslund. He was head hunting and going after a teams star. Either one will put a bullseye on your back.
Bertuzzi punched him in the head. Got a good shot and he went down. Then a bunch of his own teamates jumped Todd and fell on him which is when the damage was done.
It had happened to me and I have had to do that as well. It is never the intention to seriously injure a player just to show him where the limits are. It has always been a part of hockey and I hope that it always will be.

And yes this topic would be moved to "Religion" if I were a mod.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I'm with Kuss. Bertuzzi wanted to hurt him, not injure him. The worst-case scenario took effect. If it had just been a regular old sucker punch (without the neck-breakage) Bertuzzi probably would have been suspended a few games. THe league made an example of him, and I think he has sufficiently paid the price. He is a good hocket player.

Moore will make a miraculous recovery once the lawyers have gotten what they want.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Kuss929 said:
I disagree with Gretzky coaching.
How can the greatest player be a good coach.
What he did no one but Mario could duplicate (I am only speaking in present era).

The only great coaches that were players were horrible players that had to be coached. That is were they got there learnings. The only good thing is that he has great assistant coaches.
I suspect you'll find that the Great One has a few more cards up his sleeve.:evilaugh:

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
abtech said:
I'm still pissed that the drunken asshat that ended Konstantinov's career never did any jail time and is still working as a chauffer.:thumbd:

We could get a bunch of guys together and hire his limo.... :knockout: :rockets::beatup: :bonk:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
my problem is he really only served a 13 game NHL suspension (sure he couldn't play in the world championships or in europe). It's kind of not fair that he was suspended for the entire year for his conduct and yet everyone else also missed the season. Its bullshit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts