Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have read several threads/articles on here concerning bike stands but I wanted everyones opinion on which company makes the best one for the money. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :thumb:

·
Registered
215 Posts
2 thumbs up for Pit bull stands very nice I use a cheaper version because I got all three stands at one time spool, fork, and head tube, But I have used the Pit Bull and they are nice and very well made.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i finally ordered some stands last night. went with MotoGP front and rear for $89.99 total + shipping. don't know if they're any good, but didn't want to spend the $'s for the Pitt Bulls (which i'd really like to have)

Hope i like them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i finally ordered some stands last night. went with MotoGP front and rear for $89.99 total + shipping. don't know if they're any good, but didn't want to spend the $'s for the Pitt Bulls (which i'd really like to have)

Hope i like them.
It's not really a matter of likeing them...It's a matter of if they will hold your bike without falling apert and your bike falling to the ground...

Having said that, I have some cheap ones and some pitbulls. I have not had a problem with the cheapies yet but you can certainly notice the difference in how sturdy the bike is on them compared to the pitbulls.

Good luck.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Definitely :plus1: for the Pit Bulls...i have two (front and rear) and they work great! i have no trouble gettin the bike on them, and they are very sturdy as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a cheap stand and you could see it "tweak" back and forth when it was under a load.. I bought the pit bull and it lofts it as if it is weightless!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Lockhart Phillips makes the worlds number one selling stand... In white or black. :) I have the white one. My bike (a 919) doesn't have spools to lift it with, so I had to get a generic swingarm stand. Works great, and it had "roller blade" style wheels. Good price to, 80 bucks give or take.
-Adam

·
Registered
23 Posts
so it seems like pit bull is the hands down fasvorite. i'm shopping for a rear stand too, i'm gonna go with the pit bull but have a few questions...
1. any advantage to the new forward handle vs traditional style?
2. (and most important) wheres the cheapest i can get it online?

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
www.sportbiketrackgear.com has good prices in general. I haven't found many places giving any significant discount on the PitBull stuff. When I got mine, I ordered directly from PitBull, as they had free shipping. Don't know if that's still the case.

I've never tried one of the forward handle rear stands, so I don't know if there's an advantage, other than it saves some space in the garage.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i just purchased the stand today, pit bull rear spooled, traditional. i got it from KneeDraggers.com - Sportbike Parts, Accessories, and Apparel. they;re usually a little pricey but they have good stuff and good customer service. they have it listed for $132, but i searched around and found it on a random site (oniedasuzuki.com) for $107 ... and kneedraggers did the right thing and matched the price. :D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts