Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Best brake pads???

Looking to change my pads. I'm looking for input as to what pad might be the best for street and occassional track days.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have a set of HRC pads that I have yet to try out, I crashed my other 954 before I could change out the pads. I have heard nothing but good things about HRC pads and EBC HH pads.

Good luck,

Rick

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
The SBS are very good as well . . .

They don't last very long, but have incredible power and most excellent feel.

·
Registered
280 Posts
abtech said:
The SBS are very good as well . . .

They don't last very long, but have incredible power and most excellent feel.
Which compound do you use, Abtech? I"m running the HRC pads now, but wouldn't mind trying something else. If you've run the HRC pads yourself, how do the SBS compare?

Thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
A british bike mag tested more than a dozen pads on a 929 1 or 2 yrs ago. Result was std Honda pads were judged overall best. They scored near the top in each catagory (outright pwr, feel, fade, ...).

....2bits

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
I would have to look it up, as my RC came with EBC kit pads and I haven't checked anything else yet. The HRC's last a lot longer than the SBS (just about anything does).

Re the OEM pads, I found they glazed pretty quickly under racing conditions and I had to bead blast the rotors as a regular event to keep them fresh. When they weren't glazed, they were OK, but not nearly as good as the Ferodo/SBS/HRC/EBC units.

·
Registered
343 Posts
2bitsamile said:
A british bike mag tested more than a dozen pads on a 929 1 or 2 yrs ago. Result was std Honda pads were judged overall best. They scored near the top in each catagory (outright pwr, feel, fade, ...).

....2bits
a local performance shop by me swears by the OEM honda pads... side note: they also said a lot of the team vesra guys won't/don't run those pads

·
Registered
925 Posts
phozed said:
a local performance shop by me swears by the OEM honda pads... side note: they also said a lot of the team vesra guys won't/don't run those pads
I used the OEM pads on the track for a couple of years---they are fine, now I use the HRC pads----mo better stopping power

·
Registered
23 Posts
The stock pads rock, but I love the Galfer Black pads. Only down side is (as funny as it sounds) is that they do make a "different" sound and they seem to take a few pulls to warm up for proper stopping power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts