Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please give personal opinions and as well as documented facts..i'm leaning towards the scotts, because its small and unintrusive vs the length wise shock kind. :idunno:

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I've got a Scott's that works pretty well. I was getting some headshake at the last track day and was able to turn it up on the fly. Another benefit is that you can get mounting kits for multiple bikes and just detach / re attach with 2 allen bolts.

Any of them would be better than none.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
CBRVFR said:
I've got a Scott's that works pretty well. I was getting some headshake at the last track day and was able to turn it up on the fly. Another benefit is that you can get mounting kits for multiple bikes and just detach / re attach with 2 allen bolts.

Any of them would be better than none.
+1

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dan Kyle racing said OLINS for the track Scotts for the street. Said they were both the best, either way you cant go wrong. I got the SCOTTS, its sweet mounts up easy. Small and compact.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I have the GPR damper. Works great and really good customer service. You can check out the pics in my personal gallery area. They come in various colors.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
A vote for th eOhlins. I have on and it works great :thumb: I think you'd be happy either way :nod:

Z..

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Matris. But hey, I may be biased. haha

Anyone else know of a damper with a nitrogen charged expansion chamber to keep the oil's temp constant? Not being smart coz Matris do, but interested if anyone else does. Thanks

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
You can't go wrong with either the Ohlins or Scotts. Some have said that the piston type, such as Ohlins, may be more vulnerable in a crash. I loved my Scotts. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I like the Toby... cheaper and works just as well. Very adjustable. I personally don't like the look of the scotts/gpr. They look like a metal box on top of the triple... I always imagined hitting a bump tucked behind the windscreen and smacking my face on it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Scotts. Works great, even on light settings. Still on there after 3 years, 30 track days, no rebuilds or maintenance. Never crash tested.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I've had both on two different 954s. The Scotts had a slight advantage, and this was on the street.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Both the Scotts and the Ohlins suffer from some different issues. The Scotts doesn't even begin to damp until it has made a full stroke. Not good in some situations at racing speeds . . .

The Ohlins have been known to lock up and not allow the steering to turn at all. They say they have fixed this problem, but I returned one earlier this year that would lock up at the most inappropriate times. They "rebuilt" it and when we tried it again, it still locked up. It seems to happen when it is extremely hot (ambient temperature wise).

Now that I have thrown rocks at the 2 most popular models, I won't even make another recommendation.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Your 'whole stroke' statement might be a bit misleading. What constitutes a whole stroke? Mine works fine in the first turn on the track, no waiting or special conditions have to be met. If I turn the damping down completely, the bike behaves as it it had no damper. If it is on, it works. You can tell the difference immediately, no waiting. So, in my practical experience, there is no important lag, no inconsistancy in it's behaviour at all. It works like the generic appliance that it is.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts