Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a powercommander III recently. I need to know what is the best full exhaust to matchup with it. I will not be racing with this bike. Just want more power. Thanks.

I am thinking about: Hindle, Two bros. or AKAPRo or Micron.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
It was the Micron serpants full system,back in the day (00-01)...I am thinking I have heard that someone else took the poll now...I think it's the arata system. not too sure...someone can back me on this...but that's what I can remember.

Twobros has really gone down since days of the past. I was checking out some kids on his R1 the other day (highmount) just got it, and it was loose, and leaking everywhere. :( I was like...WTF happend there, then again, it was an 2002 R1. Erion (which i think is the same pipe, at least it used to be) might have the same issues..not sure.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
If you're looking for a full system that will make the best power, the two best choices are the Arata or Hindle. Best bang for the buck is Hindle, much less expensive than Arata, but the build quality on the Arata is second to none.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a full Hindle, PC III and a custom map on my 2001 929. I did everything for about $1000. I got 139.5 on the dyno, no flat spots nice and smooth. Hindle gets my vote :thumb:

·
Registered
62 Posts
showmethebombs said:
It was the Micron serpants full system,back in the day (00-01)...I am thinking I have heard that someone else took the poll now...I think it's the arata system. not too sure...someone can back me on this...but that's what I can remember.

Twobros has really gone down since days of the past. I was checking out some kids on his R1 the other day (highmount) just got it, and it was loose, and leaking everywhere. :( I was like...WTF happend there, then again, it was an 2002 R1. Erion (which i think is the same pipe, at least it used to be) might have the same issues..not sure.
I have a full Erion and it has no leaks at all.. I am really impressed with the mid range power.. I also have no flapper or pair valve... The full system map for the pc actually works pretty good.. Low range is a little hesitant.. But as soon as i can drive 300km to the closest dyno, i will have a custom map done.. I got pc and system for about 1079.00 from starcycle.com.. Im smoking these guys over here on r1's and 954's. So you take your pick..

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got the full Akrapovic with the PCIII. I'm not a street racer (truth be known I should be on a VFR, since I enjoy touring more than going fast) but I do like the sound of the Akro exhaust and it really has smoothed out the power curve. No issues, was easy to map and looks great.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Any thoughts on the AKRA slip on??? I can get a carbon one for about $250 in great shape.. Looks almost brand new..
:idunno:

·
Registered
692 Posts
VA929RR said:
Any thoughts on the AKRA slip on??? I can get a carbon one for about $250 in great shape.. Looks almost brand new..
I have one on my 929 in Ti finish, and I like it a lot :thumb: You'll find pics in my gallery. The sound is great, and the finish leaves nothing to be desired. I doubt that it increases the HP output of the bike.. If you are after sound, loosing weight and looks go Akra bolt-on.

:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
VA929RR said:
:thumb: An Akro for $250 is a steal. Grab that baby and run.

Beyond that, unless you're racing, you don't need a full system. 99% of riders (myself included) can't ride their bikes to their full potential anyway, so a few more ponies won't matter much. I have an 01 929 w/a Ti Akro bolt on and it has PLENTY of stock power. Besides, the Honda factory exhaust is second to none. Titanium headers - You gotta love Honda.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The Micron Serpent is gonna make more power than all of the others except for the Arata. The only reason I cant say it will beat the Arata is because I have not seen results in person for the Arata in person. The Hindle will come within 2hp of the Serpent for nearly half the price of the Serpent but the quality isnt there compared to the Serpent. Try and find a used Serpent. Their hydraforming process is the only way to go IMO and now Akrapovic has invested in hydraforming as well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like my 2 Brothers. Its the c4 round with the hi mount. The welds look finished and the bike has nice throaty sound at idel and is def. louder than stock up high. The bike is noticable more powerful.

As far as cost a new 2 bros is over $750. I put mine together for $325 (new end can and header off ebay, high mount mid pipe direct from 2 bros), but If I had to buy all the pieces new then I would have gone for the Hindle (same or slightly better HP improvement for around $500 or so for a full system).

In the end, buy what you like!

Hope this helps!

Theo

1 - 20 of 20 Posts