Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a new helmet and was wondering what you guys have/think. i have a hjc cl-14 now and it fits fin, but is so loud on teh hwy i was looking for something with less noise and maybe better cooling

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Do a search on "helmet" but you will find most people will say try them on and go for comfort. I happen to have a Shoei head, and thus, wear Shoei helmets. no matter what other brand I try, after putting on a Shoei I just think "ahhh.. that feels nice"

Plenty of good quality brands to choose from, not all are expensive.

Z...

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I love my Arai, if proprely fitted to your head they are an awsome helmet, when looking try to find a good spot to deal with as they will be able to change cheek pads and upper liners to your liking :thumb: plus they have awsome customer service for any dealings I've had.

You pay a bit more for them but...its your head... :idunno:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Showoff, I think when doing that search you will find the vast majority will say Arai or Shoei. I had a HJC and I'm now on my second Shoei with the first one lasting 5 years. I've never tried on an Arai, so I can't compare.

Basically, I think it depends on the size and shape of your head.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Newfie TLR said:
Basically, I think it depends on the size and shape of your head.
:nod:

I can't really wear anything outside of an Arai. Had an HJC for a year or so, but it never felt right. Outside of that everything I've tried on so far has given me a headache.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I've had 2 Shoei's and 2 AGVs...both fit me pretty good. Never tried an Arai, but the HJC that my friend has, I hated.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Suomy!

I have a Spec1r Extreme. However if you want a quiet helmet, it's not it. Like others have said, try on as many brands and styles as you can. Whatever fits your head the best is what yuo should buy. :thumb:

Dano

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
I had a Shoei RRF and loved it, though it was hot. Replaced with an Arai Corsair which I also like, much cooler but noisy. The cure is get a well vented helmet and ear plugs if you don't want to fry your brain in the south in August.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
johnnycrash said:
Just got a new Shoei RF-1000. LOVE IT!!!!!
+1 :thumb: love mine too.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I was just looking also I really really wanted an Aria or a suomy goorbergh edtion (the nicest lid ever made) I ened up gettimg a suomy solid red spec1r this lid fits great plus it's super lite.Very,Very happy with it fit wise.I havent had a chance to ride with it yet, so I cant say if it's loud.It cant be any louder thn that HJC lid!

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
bjay51d said:
I havent had a chance to ride with it yet, so I cant say if it's loud.It cant be any louder thn that HJC lid!
my old HJC was definetly a LOT quieter than me Suomy Spec-1r (the Guareschi is the best ever though, ask K9 he knows). I think it fits great. Its definetly superlight. Holding a Shoei RF-1000 and the Spec1r you can still feel the Spec1r is lighter. The only part of my head that gets hot in it is my forehead because theres' no forehead vent but everywhere else is really cool. And its the only helmet I've seen where the mouth vent goes straight through to the mouth.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Just got my Shoei TC-5 Voltage delivered! :thumb: Can't wait to try it out when the weather breaks.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts