Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just made one... Not my best ever but dang good!!

Hoagie roll tosted with a light coating of olive oil, mayo, fresh lettuce and tomatoes. Pickled banana peppers, provalone, deli black forrest ham, roast beef and peperoni. Salt, pepper and oil/vinegar mix with oregano, green olives on the side.:dance:

Best ever was from a place called Steveireno's (SP) in Athen's Ga. and involved a lot of roast beef and mayo.:thumb:

Any other sandwich fans out there? New recipies very welcome!!!:eyebrows:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Just made one... Not my best ever but dang good!!

Hoagie roll tosted with a light coating of olive oil, mayo, fresh lettuce and tomatoes. Pickled banana peppers, provalone, deli black forrest ham, roast beef and peperoni. Salt, pepper and oil/vinegar mix with oregano, green olives on the side.:dance:

Best ever was from a place called Steveireno's (SP) in Athen's Ga. and involved a lot of roast beef and mayo.:thumb:

Any other sandwich fans out there? New recipies very welcome!!!:eyebrows:

Sounds like a lot of work :)
I generally have ham sandwiches but if I have time to burn I'll throw some cheese on as well. My sandwiches often have a coating of WD40 or engine oil as well by the time they reach my tummy :)

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Any Red Dwarf fan will know the best sandwich is a triple fried egg, with chilli sauce and chutney :thumb:

Everyone else should know it's BACON :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
Best Sandwich I ever tasted came from a local "Cheddar's"

Monte Cristo – 6.99
Smoked turkey and ham, and two cheeses on fresh bread. Then battered and cooked until golden, served with a side of raspberry preserves.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a lot of work :)
I generally have ham sandwiches but if I have time to burn I'll throw some cheese on as well. My sandwiches often have a coating of WD40 or engine oil as well by the time they reach my tummy :)
Yep... Know that flavor well. Mine have had a bit of coolant thrown in from a HAAS mill here lately.
Still... Gotta eat sometime and a good sanich always hits the spot.:)

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
The best sandwich ever is the next one served to me.

But because that won't happen for a while, I'm going to say a toasted egg salad (mayo ans green onion) on slices of (toasted) Quinoa and Flaxseed brad, with a bit of sambal asli on the side, and some lentil salad filling up the rest of the plate.

Nope, no WD40, brake cleaner or anything else of that ilk.

Hmmm. Sounds like lunch today :)

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Mmm, good thread! Three of my current favs:

Crusty bread with roasted eggplants strips, roasted red peppers, fried or fired onions. What makes it is the 'dressing'. Mix up balsamic, mayo, virgin olive oil and a smattering of dijon mustard to emulsify the dressing. Slather on both sides of crusty bread and pile on the fixing's and enjoy.
This is one of those odd things where people ask what kind of meat is in there because the eggplant.

Right now all my tomatoes and cucumbers are just beginning to ripen so bacon and tomato sammies with lots of mayo and pepper are in. Toasted of course.

Cucumber on soft white with white cheese and salt and pepper - mmm, fresh.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips. Some honey ham, tomatos, spicy mustard all on white toast. Some habanero's on that bad boy from time to time and candy bacon for desert.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips. Some honey ham, tomatos, spicy mustard all on white toast. Some habanero's on that bad boy from time to time and candy bacon for desert.
Phew !! Was beginning to think no-one else bothered with bacon any more !! :eek:

:thumb:

Not sure about eating desert though - too sandy :D

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Already seen those ones. Add bacon strips ... Add bacon strips ... Add bacon strips ... Add bacon strips ... Add bacon strips ... Add bacon strips ...

:clap::inlove::leghump:

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Already seen those ones. Add bacon strips ... Add bacon strips ... Add bacon strips ... Add bacon strips ... Add bacon strips ... Add bacon strips ...

:clap::inlove::leghump:
Ahhhh! Bacon.. Must add bacon. The Food of the GODS!!! Must add... must go.. grocery-store. must..bacon..add go now. bacon NOW!!!!!:drool:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Burgers count as sandwiches? Had a BACON.. cheeseburger with colby jack on it from cracker barrel. That was a deffinite winner. Thick cut bacon could help any mortal choke down a turd I think :D

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Burgers count as sandwiches? Had a BACON.. cheeseburger with colby jack on it from cracker barrel. That was a deffinite winner. Thick cut bacon could help any mortal choke down a turd I think :D
True but it would be a "Bacon wrapped turd".... :smilebig:

And yes hamburger sandwiches count! :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts