Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience on the the best off-track high performance tire, out of the new rubber line-ups?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I just put a set of Mich Pilot Powers on mine 1500miles ago and they appear to wearing a little fast. The stock BT's lasted 6500 miles.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have the Pilot Powers on now, and have been a bit disappointed in the longevity. There was a supposed harder compound center but ... embarassingly... I have flattened the center before full use of the sides. Never did that when I was in California. I am wondering if the new Michelin 2CT's are worth the high price. The Dunlop Qualifiers are tempting. I ran the Diablos and did not like the rear. I put a corsa on the front, but cheaped out on the rear.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just replaced my worn Pilot Powers with BT002r Streets. Wow. What a tire! The best I have ever used. No idea how long they will last.... and don't care!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm probably gonna go Mich Pilot Road the next time around, or maybe even go back to the BT's. I never really disliked BT's, just got a good deal on the Mich.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RCW Do the BT's hold tight and break traction radically, or do they break away early and predictibly? What do you like about them?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had Battle Axes on my ZZR600 and they never flattened out and had 6000 on them when I sold it. I'm tempted to try the Pilot Roads this time...read good reviews on them actually, and I've been doing a commute 4-5 days per week so the REALITY is I do more street riding then track these days.....job is keeping me busy but at least I'm on the bike and not some stuffy cage. So I need MILEAGE more than I need side tire stickiness these days.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
The 2ct will not wear any slower, the center compound is still the same as the PP's only the outer 12% of the tire was made stickier.

Ride straight lines and need a longer lasting tire that still has a good feel for the occasional twisty ride, Metzler Roadtec.

Otherwise PP or 2ct's

·
Registered
99 Posts
hwy74,
Yes, the BT002r Streets do break away and spin in a very predictible way, in my experience. However, I do not spin them often or intentionally.

When they do spin a bit driving hard out of a corner, it has always been a controllable, non-event for me so far. All the more this has given me confidence in them.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The type of tyre and it's wear also depends on your throttle control and how you ride the bike. Another aspect is the tyre size. Stock 190's turn pretty slowly but have a large side contact patch. I run 180's on my blade which make it feel a heck of a lot more nimble.

I had Battle Axes
They're called Bridgestone Battlax. 99% of folk call them battle axes!

·
Registered
552 Posts
i like the metzler m1 but they wear out fast, i know people who run the m3 and say they are great and have a better life on them, ill be running the m3 this year.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont really care about longevity, as I do not ride every day, and I want to make sure that weekend runs are fun. The CST's sound like they are the pick so far. I certainly like the idea of the softer outside, Flattening out the center is, as I said before, embarassingly piggish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts