Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a recommended motorcycle shipping carrier? I need to ship my son's blade from So. Cal to Virginia beach. So far we have been seeing prices of $700. Anybody used one and had a good experience? He already paid for his plane ticket home, so renting a U-haul is out. He is in the Navy, so that is a concern too.
Thanks.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I have heard many good things about Forward Air. I haven't used them myself, but others here have.
It seems you need a crate, then you take it to the nearest airport they use and they deliver it to the nearest airport.
I think NHfirefighter knows more about this along with the prices.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
BDA116 : I have heard many good things about Forward Air. I haven't used them myself, but others here have.
It seems you need a crate, then you take it to the nearest airport they use and they deliver it to the nearest airport.
I think NHfirefighter knows more about this along with the prices.
Forward Air can provide the crate, I had my '51 shipped from Michigan for abou $300.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to ship a couple bikes from Chicago to Dallas. I have noticed a new website coming out where I can list my bikes on there site and trucking companies will reply with what it will cost for them to carry them down there for me and insure that thay will arrive with out damage. I read that the website will be going December 1st which is great cause I have to be down there by Christmas. Oh yea, the website is www.theshippingdock.com

·
Registered
197 Posts
Did he ship a vehcle already? I dontt know what the navy calls their tranvel manegement office but in the Air force they will ship one vehicle and pay for you to drive another. He may want to check what his opttions are going through the Navy.

You may ay be surprised.:patriot:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts