Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I don't post very often I don't expect anyone to remember me but I've been a member here for about 4 years. Infact this website was the reason I bought the 954 in the first place, 4yrs ago. I still have it:patriot: , has about 3500 miles on it, original tires(bridgestones), and has been well maintained. I still love this bike as much today, as the day I bought it, except now it's paid off and I own it 100%! Of course it's the faster silver/black model and is mostly stock. Only mods are a home made fender eliminator kit, Zero Gravity Touring windscreen, and factory solo seat.
Never did get the steering head bearings swapped out, yep I still have the dreaded tapered roller bearings.....something interesting about NEW bikes, in general, is that I have physically sat on many of them and studied their looks in magazines and in person........funny how I still think the 954 is the best looking bike out there, even if it's a bit dated I suppose, something about it's angles have always resonated with me.

First thing I need to do is get back into riding shape, whew, to much occasional riding, not enough day-to-day time in the saddle, lol, I didn't realize my hips would get sore:idunno:

so why better late than never? Hey! I'm FINALLY ready to start modding:thumb:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
sweet, welcome back.

first off I'm gonna say you need to ride more (which you imply you're gonna do).

and secondly, do what your name says and get some new tires. 4 years old those things are probably pretty hard by now. There are some excellent choices out there now. For all out grip there's the Michelin Pilot Power,
Pirelli Diablo Corsa and the new Dunlop Qualifiers are getting good reviews, haven't heard anything bad about the Bridgestone BT14s but it also doesn't seem as many people on here run them (and I get most of my knowledge from here or magazines)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CBR929RE said:
sweet, welcome back.

first off I'm gonna say you need to ride more (which you imply you're gonna do).

and secondly, do what your name says and get some new tires. 4 years old those things are probably pretty hard by now. There are some excellent choices out there now. For all out grip there's the Michelin Pilot Power,
Pirelli Diablo Corsa and the new Dunlop Qualifiers are getting good reviews, haven't heard anything bad about the Bridgestone BT14s but it also doesn't seem as many people on here run them (and I get most of my knowledge from here or magazines)
thanks!

I've been looking at those pilot powers, they seem to do real well on the street.

yes, I am slowly gettin back into riding shape:huh:

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Just wrong to be the sole owner of a bike for 4 yrs and only have 3500 miles on it. Something I would expect from one those "people" from the NE. :evilaugh:

Get out there and ride.

Welcome back

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Mojave954 said:
Just wrong to be the sole owner of a bike for 4 yrs and only have 3500 miles on it. Something I would expect from one those "people" from the NE. :evilaugh:

He's fromt he NW.

I'm from the NE and have almost 20k in the past three years. :boxing:

:cycle:

:D

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
CBR929RE said:
sweet, welcome back.

If this isn't ironic...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts