Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing ebay at work when I came across this beauty :eek: . This guy put alot of money into restoring/rebuilding this semi-classic. Maby I'm biased for owning the same model, but I think it looks damn impressive in those pics. His gallery shows alot of detail and clean work done to it. Dont know if I'm too partial to the "ricer screens", but it's an excellent specimin none the less. Either way, I just wanted to share this with some of you older folks that may have been a previous or current owner of a 900RR, or to hear some opinions. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4508741638&category=49999

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
There's obviously quite a lot of work that went into restoring the bike, but nothing that would lend to it being able to "consistantly outperform many new bikes including the R1, GSXR's and 954s." :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
It does look like new, I would love to do the same treatment to my 54 one day.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I have always loved the 900RR. I think the 98-99 are my favs! :) I almost bought a 94 as my first "street" bike. :evilaugh: But, I went with a new 97 F3 (probably was a better choice at the time)

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I think $4500USD for a bike from 95, no matter how much mods he's done, might be a little bit much. All IMHO of course.

·
Registered
819 Posts
$7500 buy it now! Ouch. It looks nice but you can get a pretty nice low miles 954 for that kind of cash.

And who the hell puts all that time and effort into a bike to ride it for 500 miles and then sell it? Man, I'd ride the wheels of that b#tch.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I saw that too...I owned a '95 once and it was a great bike. I wish I'd thought to do some of those mods then. It looks great, but still needs a 17" front tire conversion. If I remember correctly my OTD price then was ~$8,500. I sold it in '98 in perfect condition with new Pirelli dragons and 16k on the odometer for 6K. Considering the bike you can get today for $7,500 I wish him luck. :idunno:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Not to :deadhors: , but judging by how hard it is to get upwards of $5500 for a clean 929, I think this fellow is a bit optimistic. Maybe he'll find someone that has his heart set on that particular model/color scheme. Before I bought my 929 new in 01, I spent several months looking for a 900RR like this example of sex on wheels, and probably would have paid top market price for a clean one. It will always be among my favorite bikes ever.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
wow that is one nice ride :clap:

Serial Thriller said:
Not to :deadhors: , but judging by how hard it is to get upwards of $5500 for a clean 929, I think this fellow is a bit optimistic. Maybe he'll find someone that has his heart set on that particular model/color scheme. Before I bought my 929 new in 01, I spent several months looking for a 900RR like this example of sex on wheels, and probably would have paid top market price for a clean one. It will always be among my favorite bikes ever.

·
Registered
476 Posts
"consistantly outperform many new bikes including the R1, GSXR's and 954s." :rotfl:

The guy is full of crap I wouldn't believe anything he writes in that auction. It is a clean bike granted but no one goes through a bike like that just to sell it. Anyway its way overpriced.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
oh yeah the 900RR were hot, that's what i really wanted when i was in the market, but I got a great deal on my 929 I couldn't pass it up.

better then new condition huh? well he didn't say it could out perform a 929 :evilaugh:

·
Registered
78 Posts
sweet and clean, but not worth 7500 unless it's dipped in 24K.....

IMHO the only RR's were the 93 and 94 models......later models may have been better engineered bikes, but they lacked.......whatever the hell it was that those early models had that gave me wood..... :pointup:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah I still remember the first time I laid eyes on the newly introduced '93 Red/White/Blue 900rr with the pinholes in the fairings.

Love at first sight!

17 years later, I have one. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts