Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
When visiting China we saw the acrobats and they had the bicycles. Up to 5 bikes running in a circle on a little stage doing most of those stunts, sometimes with more than one girl on the bike. Really amazing stuff.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Holy Crap! A backwards wheelie!! That is impressive as hell. In a weird way it reminds me of those dudes in the X-games who do the flatland BMX tricks--insane stuff as well.

Osiris, can you do that stuff? You still have a Haro, right?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I can't say that the performance is a shock to me. Don't get me wrong, that girl has talent. I am just an old BMX freestyler that tried that stuff as a kid. I've seen those style performances many times by kids.

Here's the part I'm amazed with; It's a Beach Bike with 26" wheels. That to me is insane. We used to ride 20" bikes designed specifically for freestyle. That thing has to weigh as much as she does.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Here's the part I'm amazed with; It's a Beach Bike with 26" wheels. That to me is insane. We used to ride 20" bikes designed specifically for freestyle. That thing has to weigh as much as she does.
To me it looked like the special bikes they use for that purpose, and only that purpose. When upright on the rear wheel, everything is lined up down to the wheel like a unicycle. Could be wrong, but I bet it is pretty light and very well balanced.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
To me it looked like the special bikes they use for that purpose, and only that purpose. When upright on the rear wheel, everything is lined up down to the wheel like a unicycle. Could be wrong, but I bet it is pretty light and very well balanced.
You may be right.

Hey, I've been wrong before. I'm married, that in itself claims a perpetual state of me being wrong.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Osiris, can you do that stuff? You still have a Haro, right?
:D Yeah, I still have it, but I can't do much of any of that. I can do some flatland tricks, but falling on bikes always hurt way worse than falling off a skateboard, so I mostly used the bike to get to skate spots :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm a reformed b-x-m'er and former bicycle shop mechanic. Her bike was a stubby road/track bike. It had the whole fixed gear and everything. The wheelies and riding on the head tube and stuff was pretty basic flat-land stuff, the impressive thing was freaking balancing on the handle-bars facing backwards!!! I have never seen anything like that!:clap:

·
Registered
527 Posts
it looks like they used a track bike which probably weighs less than 20lbs, but i'm sure she's glad to be a girl when doing some of those crotch smashing tricks though.

·
Registered
637 Posts
it looks like they used a track bike which probably weighs less than 20lbs, but i'm sure she's glad to be a girl when doing some of those crotch smashing tricks though.
Whiel it resembles a track bike in many regards it's pretty far from it. The fork is nearly straight and the headtube nearly vertical. The front tire isalmost touching the downtube and there's mega-toe-overlap with the wheel.
Check out the head tube and you can tell how small the bike is- now look at the chainstays and see how short they are. We could math-it-out somehow, but I'm going to guess those might even be smaller than 650c wheels to make that geometry work. The last frame looks like a perfect pose to take a known distance (off the gym floor) and relate it to the proportions of the cycle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts