Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
It'll never pass. The police would have to give up too much photo radar revenue.

Then again, the Liberals would probably select an appropriate vendor for the device, you know, one which could help fund their Quebec ridings.

If they try something like that I'm moving to Texas.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
phobiaphobe said:
It'll never pass. The police would have to give up too much photo radar revenue.

Then again, the Liberals would probably select an appropriate vendor for the device, you know, one which could help fund their Quebec ridings.

If they try something like that I'm moving to Texas.
Anythings possible!! :hmm:

I'll become an Aussie!! :D

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
A rental car agency tried something like that here, even to the point of trying to charge people if they were speeding. HUGE invasion of privacy issues. The frigin liberals here came unglued. Although, that ain't hard. Don't know how things are in the great white north about that type of thing but man, would that stir the poop here.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I actually looked into an AirIQ satellite system for my rental fleet... You can see if people are speeding and if it's written into the terms of your rental agreement you can penalize them... They also had an available feature where you could remotely shut down a unit... but the liability issues would be astronomical if someone got hurt as a result.

It was tempting, but the cost ended up being prohibitive.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mojave954 said:
A rental car agency tried something like that here, even to the point of trying to charge people if they were speeding. HUGE invasion of privacy issues. The frigin liberals here came unglued. Although, that ain't hard. Don't know how things are in the great white north about that type of thing but man, would that stir the poop here.
Canada is a great country to live in, the problem in Ontario and other provinces is that everybody just bends over and takes what is shoved down their throat by the government (taxes, fuel/energy costs, insurance etc.) In politics it’s always about someone getting their pockets lined. I don't think this will transpire into anything, but see above

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
soon2b954 said:
Canada is a great country to live in, the problem in Ontario and other provinces is that everybody just bends over and takes what is shoved down their throat by the government (taxes, fuel/energy costs, insurance etc.) In politics it’s always about someone getting their pockets lined. I don't think this will transpire into anything, but see above
And yet I'll wager that you'll still vote Liberal this winter. :poke:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
phobiaphobe said:
:crap: I won't say any more... this isn't the politics forum and it would be impolite.
I know what your thinking and what you want to say. But honestly I don't get involed in politics. They all tell the people what they want to hear and once their in power, they lie cheat and steal. One party is no better then the other.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
You're probably right but if you take that defeatist type of position then you're helping enable them to walk all over you. But I'm just another angry Albertan. :rant:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts