Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Not only is the idea lame, so is the execution.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I just e-mailed the guy, playing dumb about what an Erion 929 really means. I'll let y'all know how he replies.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
His response:

'sorry pete, am not responsible for the paint and have no history on this bike. however, the bike is listed as a 900RE which i have been told is a designation for a 929 Erion(of course erion is hondas race team). will try to get more info for you and follow up. thx don'

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
His next e-mail:

the 929re is designated the erion fireblade. suggested list new was 14900. or about 600 over the list on the 929rr. havent been able to get any specs yet. will keep you posted.

one more thing. note the black frame and swing arm. erion only and limited production.

LMFAO!!!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Suggested new is $14,900 huh?  Now I know why I didn't get the Erion.

Oh and about the custom paint I hate it.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
He was probably searching a Canadian site for his information. I can't remember exactly but I think the Canadian prices were roughly $14,300 when they were first released. And yes, the Erion paint scheme was raised over the the CBR base price by $500-600. Maci4Life can verify that...

As for the swing arm. That's hardly a sellling point but it is true, isn't it?

All in all, either this guy doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground or he is trying to scam some unsuspecting souls. Now why would he own a bike without knowing anything about it? Not the history, not the specs and not the paint. I wonder if it still has a VIN...

Some people make me shake my head in disbelief.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
awww, why you hatin' on a playa maan? Doncha know pimpin' ain't easy?

Poor execution for sure.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
nomad : He was probably searching a Canadian site for his information.  I can't remember exactly but I think the Canadian prices were roughly $14,300 when they were first released.  And yes, the Erion paint scheme was raised over the the CBR base price by $500-600.  Maci4Life can verify that...

As for the swing arm.  That's hardly a sellling point but it is true, isn't it?

All in all, either this guy doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground or he is trying to scam some unsuspecting souls.  Now why would he own a bike without knowing anything about it?  Not the history, not the specs and not the paint.  I wonder if it still has a VIN...

Some people make me shake my head in disbelief.
I'm thinking he's just some guy trying to turn stuff over to make a buck. And I'm just having fun with him. Whether the $14.9k is in US$ or Canadian, it just to goes you how much of an idiot he is.

In the U.S., the standard 929 retailed for $9,999, and the Erion was $10,999 (I owned one, remember? ).

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Pete : (I owned one, remember? ).
Yeah... with a long swing arm right?

(I'll be damned if I can't find that picture here somewheres...)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts