Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a honda cbr 929rr. Was thinking of mods for the future maybe next year some time. One of the mods i was thinking of was a big tire kit. Not sure if I want to do this or not. The mods I want are performance mods. The question I have is, are the big tire kits good for performance or bad? I like going fast in corners and I want to be able to drive the bike like it was ment to be drivin. If any one has one on there bike or has had one in the past please let me know how it performs. thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
When you say "big tyre", do you mean wider? If so, it'll make your bike handle like sh*t if you like playing in the twisties. It'll make it harder to get over on it's side. Stay with the size it came with if performance mods are what you are after. Wider tyres are OK for straight lines and posers, but not for the rest of us, IMHO.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have a 1000rr that i am putting a 300 single side swingarm on right now and i can tell you that i already know that it will only be good for straight aways and thats it and shows,which is why i am keeping my other 1000rr stock tire size so when i do get an itch to go fast and hit hard turns i can still have that bike for them times.i do have a bud that has a 240 and i rode his and its so-so but i think that is the biggest that you would want to go as far as to be able to hit curves.hope that helps

·
Banned
645 Posts
Yea like they said. Basically if you are going for fast in a straight line get a fat tire. If you like twisties leave it the heck alone. Easy peasy answer

·
Registered
857 Posts
thanks guys no fat tires for me i like my corners fast
Try dropping from a 190 to a 180 then. It makes the curvature of the tire greater and will lean over quicker. One of the other members on here might be able to give you some more insight on the 180 swap as I have not done it yet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so what does the 929 stock come with the 190? the way it is now is pretty good for me. Also what are some other performance upgrades i can make that would be worth my while? This is my first bike i just got it june of this year and am learning alot from this website. I am currently replacing the stator and rr and front wiring harness to fix a charging problem that i have. the wiring harness is to hopfully fix my head lights. when on high beam all 3 lights run. but the service manual says only two are suppose to be on. I think that shot my stator because its cooked according to the olms reading. the rr not sure if its good but some one told me if i am replacing the stator i should do the rr to. so the upgrades am not sure how much is out there. I think for now I want to do handling type upgrades and later pry engine upgrades

·
Registered
258 Posts
only 2 lights are supose to be on when the high beams are on?

i think all 3 are on mine! ill have to check but that sounds normal to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts