Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting my 93 cbr 900 winter ready and i noticed that it was running really hot. Was a little more than 3/4 of the way to overheating. And it was just sitting in the garage idling normally. What could be the problem? The bike has been sitting for 2 months if that matters.
Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Motorcycles are meant to be ridden - sportbikes fully encased in plastics hate sitting around in one place more than most. Unless it's actually overheating when stationary, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Has it never run that hot at idle before? Like the other poster said, a lot of sportbikes (a lot of bikes in general actually) get pretty hot when just sitting. I know that 954's get pretty damn hot just idling (upwards of 230F on a warm day). I'd assume that your 900 would be similar? If it is indeed much higher than what you've seen before, I would suggest starting with flushing the coolant if it hasn't been done for awhile.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I was getting my 93 cbr 900 winter ready and i noticed that it was running really hot. Was a little more than 3/4 of the way to overheating. And it was just sitting in the garage idling normally. What could be the problem? The bike has been sitting for 2 months if that matters.
Thanks in advance guys.

Sounds just fine.
If the fan wasn't on then it's nowhere near overheating.

·
Registered
927 Posts
My digital readout bounces from 220*F to 230*F on a 70*F day. Drops back down to 175*F- 185*F range when back on the road. You're doing just fine. Overheating or your red range is probably around 260*F

1 - 5 of 5 Posts