Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first bike and this is all new to me. I recently replaced my cooling fan and my headlights. I bought a new battery and replaced all fuses. It still continues to die when it sits at idle. It also has a hard time starting the engine. The throttle is fine and the acceleration is perfect but when in nuetral or below 10mph the bike chokes and dies....any suggestions

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Well, to start with, what bike do you have?
If you have a bike with fuel injection, it sure sounds like the Fuel Pressure Regulator. They fail commenly after some time depending on care of the bike, how long it sits without running (as in storage), and quality of fuel you have access to.
Let us know the type and year of your bike please. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it in November of last year...and been on it at least two to three times a week. I do maintnance on it about once or twice a month including oil, both oil and air filters, spark plugs, and about every six month ill change the tires

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Oh, what a cowinkydink. I have a SP1.
Sure does sound like your fpr. Lift your tank, and it's right there at the rear on top of the fuel rail. (Page 5-5 of the Svc. Man.) Disconnect the small vacuum line, turn on the key to prime the pump, and look for any leak or drip coming from the small nipple of the fpr.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts