Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2001 honda cbr 929 rr. I both off friend and i wan to know what it can be when i red line it, i belive it my 3 gear it start jerk and its about 11rpm and 12rpm. I do have power commenter 3 but i total dont know what maps it has or any think about. I have crush it 1 time but noting big i had to replace radiator and i drop it or what ever when i was going around 30 -40 and bike slide for good 20 meets. But when im riding like not red line it it works perfect.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hard to read post but I'm pretty sure your hitting your rev limiter. It will cut out your ignition so it would feel like it's missing or jerking.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have 2001 honda cbr 929 rr. I both off friend and i wan to know what it can be when i red line it, i belive it my 3 gear it start jerk and its about 11rpm and 12rpm. I do have power commenter 3 but i total dont know what maps it has or any think about. I have crush it 1 time but noting big i had to replace radiator and i drop it or what ever when i was going around 30 -40 and bike slide for good 20 meets. But when im riding like not red line it it works perfect.
Doctor, when I do *this* it hurts! What should I do?
Stopping doing *that*.

Seriously, you shouldn't be on the redline anyway, change gear. Unless you're already in 6th, then get off the public highway.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Here's a random google 929 dyno chart. You'll see peak power is at 11k, so holding on til 12k doesn't get you anything:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
:huh: Continue to hold it at redline, it will eventually stop jerking altogether.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Change out the internals of the engine (new con rods and pistons), and a different ECU that allows for a higher redline. Then it'll do the EXACT same thing, only at 12,000 instead of 11,000. The rev limiter is there for a reason - to stop behaviour like this damaging the engine.

You'll get better results if you change up 500-1000 rpm before the redline - it's a very common misconception that higher revs = faster acceleration.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Why am I seeing so many posters with 1 post ask so many stupid questions, and then get the obvious answer from you guys to this ridiculous question. Me thinks there are TROLLS on this site, frequently, like several times a day. Anyone else notice this. Here, without introduction, the OP ask why his bike cuts out when he hits the rev limiter..........HELLO, dose he (or she) actually ride a sportbike or just troll sites and ask stupid questions. Gets old going to the trouble reading this crap. I don't believe this was a legitimate question for a minute...........

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
There's always trolls, but there's a lot more people who don't even know what common sense is, never mind how to apply it.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Why am I seeing so many posters with 1 post ask so many stupid questions, and then get the obvious answer from you guys to this ridiculous question. Me thinks there are TROLLS on this site, frequently, like several times a day. Anyone else notice this. Here, without introduction, the OP ask why his bike cuts out when he hits the rev limiter..........HELLO, dose he (or she) actually ride a sportbike or just troll sites and ask stupid questions. Gets old going to the trouble reading this crap. I don't believe this was a legitimate question for a minute...........
That's my thought too. I saw this stupid thread yesterday, and my first reaction was, "It's called a rev limiter dumbdumb- and if you have to ask why it cuts out, maybe you shouldn't be riding anything with an engine".

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
That's my thought too. I saw this stupid thread yesterday, and my first reaction was, "It's called a rev limiter dumbdumb- and if you have to ask why it cuts out, maybe you shouldn't be riding anything with an engine".

My suggestion would be to disable the rev limiter and see if it still jerks around ;-)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No im not trolling and i ask cuz i dont know if MAPing on my bike whit Power commander is working good sin i have no comment about it from preview owner but that is make alot off sens. And i thot that there is a senser that cut off the fuel when it hits red line. And sorry for miss spelling alot

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
No im not trolling and i ask cuz i dont know if MAPing on my bike whit Power commander is working good sin i have no comment about it from preview owner but that is make alot off sens. And i thot that there is a senser that cut off the fuel when it hits red line. And sorry for miss spelling alot

If your PC has ignition mapping ability then you could check that it isn't running any ignition mapping.
The rev limiter cuts spark and fuel, but not necessarily at redline. The limiter is generally a little past redline, and the OEM tachometers are optimistic to begin with.
The limiter is not an engine brake though. It won't prevent the engine from revving well past redline if you shift down at redline, or if you crack the throttle open in neutral as the inertia of the crankshaft will keep it accelerating even though the spark is cut.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Wow - that was harsh, huh?
I must have had piss in my wheaties.
Sorry. :O

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Rev limiters do not work to the sense of "Shut the bike off". They literally hold you at a safe limit, and do not let you (unless by other physical forces) go past that line.

We call what you are doing "Bouncing off the rev limiter", it causes that "jerking" motion. :wacking:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Seriously, no need to take it to redline. I have a Bazzaz on my 954 and I rarely ever see 11k on it. Like others said, the bike does not make any more power at those rpms, so no need to wring it like that.
Plus if you're on the street in 3rd gear at redline you really need to think about taking it to the track.

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
Wow - that was harsh, huh?
I must have had piss in my wheaties.
Sorry. :O
What does that actually taste like Jon? :idunno: :hmm: :rotfl:

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
Couldn't tell ya. Apparently it makes me pissy. :p
Ahh, the different meanings of slang in different places.
Over here if you're pissy it means you've been drinking and you're a bit drunk.
"I've been out on the piss and I'm a bit pissy or pissed"
How you described being pissey we say shitty,
"He's got the shits or I'm a bit shitty today".
I knew what you meant though. :thumb: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts