Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I just started noticing when sitting at a light with the clutch pulled in that the bike wants to start moving. It kinda jolts back and forth a bit, not too noticeable but it definitely is doing it. Any thoughts? The original clutch is in the bike with 32k miles. Otherwise shifts and clutch seem fine other than the occasional false neutral and some possible clutch basket rattle or some annoying noise in the tranny area.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How much free play do you have in the clutch cable,it could be that the cable is too loose so the clutch isn't fully dis-engaging resulting in the creep you have described.I'd give the adjuster on the clutch lever a turn or two to tighten up the cable,though be aware that the "bite point" when the clutch re-engages will be different.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This problem just started. Yeah...Im stopped, in 1st gear, clutch pulled in, and she wants to start going forward. Its not bad at all, but I feel it. Its like I very briefly and softly am feathering the clutch lever right at the engaging point. I put on a new roll n click clutch lever recently but the adjustment is correct. The lever feel has always felt the same since day 1.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Hello all. I just started noticing when sitting at a light with the clutch pulled in that the bike wants to start moving. It kinda jolts back and forth a bit, not too noticeable but it definitely is doing it. Any thoughts? The original clutch is in the bike with 32k miles. Otherwise shifts and clutch seem fine other than the occasional false neutral and some possible clutch basket rattle or some annoying noise in the tranny area.
Tighten the adjuster on the clutch cable.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive tried adjusting everything cable wise. Could a clutch going out or something loose in the clutch area be doing this? I have a loud random knock noise coming around the tranny area but theres no correlation as far as I can tell

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Ive tried adjusting everything cable wise. Could a clutch going out or something loose in the clutch area be doing this? I have a loud random knock noise coming around the tranny area but theres no correlation as far as I can tell
Try putting the original lever back on then.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you had a hydraulic clutch I would say it sounds like you have air in the line, the master cylinder or slave cylinder are shot. I would check them in that order. But from the responses it sounds like you don't have a hydraulic clutch so sorry I couldnt help you more.

·
Registered
152 Posts
if all your adjustments are correct. freeplay etc... sounds like the clutch might be going..ive had fibers fuse with steels before and it did the same thing but much worse..like you couldnt disengauge the clutch to start or stop..it was on a really old bike though 72 dt175.. and ive also seen that happen on a yfz600 with a clutch pushrod not be adjusted correctly..the the 929s do not have that..your friction plates might be going?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.